Local radio vote on horses on roads

piaffe

Visit site
sadly, a small part of me agrees with this.
frown.gif
I do not enjoy hacking out at all because of drivers. I have lost my confidence and also my faith in drivers. they think they own the road.

I_A_P

Visit site
where the hell else are we supposed to go#? i wouldnt b able to keep my horse if i couldnt ride on the road!!..sorry to gbe blunt but they should bloomin well repsect us riders just as much as they respect any other road user!! (sorry bit of a rant as had some complete tw*ts come past me this morning!

horses were about well before cars anyway and it doesnt take one minute for them to slow down and just wait..

debbielinder

Visit site
fran 123t i am the same here wouldnt be able to go out of our gate if we couldnt ride on the road and to be honest sad as this is i quite enjoy it going to new places and seeing the sights my horse enjoys it to. and the thing about it is when our yard was built 50 years ago it was just fields around it (tho i wasnt born only been told lol) and over the years they have built round us and its become busy thats not our fault!

I_A_P

Visit site
yeh i know!! i mean im lucky enoght to live on a farm and we have 2 tracks whcih we can WALK on but they are attached to roads and we dont have any grass tracks or anything so im stupmed if i wasnt allowed on the roads!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think its totally up to us. How dare they even run a poll on it! Its like a poll asking if "cyclists should be on the road" or "walkers" or "caravans"!!!

I dont even ride on the road very much anymore due to the dangers nowadays, however Id still want the choice!

alfirules

Visit site
we have to hack on roads. we have no direct access to bridlepaths, no arena and our field is too unlevel to school in.

horses were here long before cars so they should have priority!!

i voted yes by the way!