Local Shows: What colour jacket?

Witchy

Visit site
I have NO idea of the etiquette behind colours when attending shows etc and wondered what colour jacket I should wear.

What about jodphur colours??

Not sure if it is of any significance but my horse is black.

Ta :)

Ladylina83

Visit site
it depends what classes you will be doing really ? what breed is yout horse ?

I would go for a tweed in most cases as you can wear this in a lot of showing classes + jumping and dressage. With a tweed you want beige canary or cream jods - these also look good with navy. You won't see black jackets in the show ring.

ETS if the is a welshy in you sig then get a tweed - it will last you forever if you look after it ! google images welsh showing to see turnout examples or better still go and watch some classes

Last edited:

Witchy

Visit site
he's a m/w 14.3hh cob, looks stunning hogged.

Is it really that specific, so a black jacket is a no no?

What about numnah colour, that specific too?

MissSBird

Visit site
In showjumping you can wear anything smart. Any numnah or saddlecloth is acceptable.

In dressage you can wear tweed, navy or black jackets. A black or brown numnah to match your saddle, or a white saddlecloth is acceptable.

If showing your cob, you should wear a tweed jacket. A black jacket would be a definate no no in showing classes. The numnah for these classes should be black or brown to match your saddle.

If you're looking for one jacket to do everything with, tweed is the best purchase. :)

Ladylina83

Visit site
Right tweed every time brown or green ! You won't need a dark jacket .

Numnah needs to be the same colour as your saddle and hardly seen.

Black is a no in the show ring really - more for the dressage and showjumping ring tbh it stands out a mile if you see someone in black - pop on to horse quest and look up the show cobs, that will give you examples of how you want to turn out :)