lol at the stupidity of some people

Josh_craney

Visit site
i took roxy on a hack today and came acroos someone over the bridlepath wearing a hat with the strap undone, i think she did it as she saw me because she was fiddling with her strap. its more stupid then actually not wearing a hat.

happyhack

Visit site
my friend attempts to hack out with me without a hat sometimes!!!-i'd rather go alone than be worried about her being ditched TBH

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Unfortunately we see if quite a lot round our way. Saw a girl in the woods who had fallen off the other day and she didn't have a hat on, she was very lucky she didn't bang her head on a log or tree stump!

monica123

Visit site
i have never seen anyone without/hads an undone strap riding round is.......apart from in the school and fleur when she forgot to put it...she only rode round to the yard, and then i reminmded her....she was so funny!

Josh_craney

Visit site
weezy, when you go out hunting those "strapless hats" have been steamed to fit the shape of the owners head so therefore are pretty safe maybe even more so then one with a strap that doesnt fit correctly

Clodagh

Visit site
I fell off out hunting with a beagler on. The horse trod on it, so I suppose its a good thing it had already fallen off!
tongue.gif

Lots of people have Patey hats too, which I love but cannot afford, I wear a chin strap now, I'm a responsible parent!!
laugh.gif

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
Must admit I would think twice before hunting without a 'proper' hat- (as in one with a chinstrap) - probably all physcological but I just feel safer with it!!

Weezy

Visit site
Yes thanks for telling me that! Bt actually I would hazard a guess that there are very few people who have proper fitted beaglers (ie Pateys) and most are off the shelf purchased - personally I shall be getting myself a Patey as and when funds allow!

JadeWisc

Visit site
people around here rarely ever wear hats while riding.
After what happened to Me and my 5 yr old daughter on Thursday I am a new " helmet dictator"
We took the pony out for a ride down the road while she sat on him and I led him. She had a helmet on (as she always does when riding on the roads)
The corn fields had been cut and the landscape was different to the pony and he was on edge the whole way. Sure enough he spooked and she flipped off the back and landed on her head.(a few inches from the paved road) All I could think of is how it would have injured her if she had not been wearing one. I have acted acted cocky to people on here before about the obsession in the forum with hat wearing(as it is not as common here) I suppose I will never do that again.

helenandshadow

Visit site
I think the Patey hats are ok but if you have a hat with a chinstrap it's stupid not to do it up, although i have genuinely forgotten a few times
blush.gif
but did it up as soon as i realised!!
wink.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
How many times do you see professional showjumpers warming up with the chin straps of their hats either pushed up into the hat or turned up at the back...doesn't really set a good example for us lesser mortals.

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
weezy is that you in your avatar without a hat????
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm...(he he) looks like she is an adult, and possibly on soft sandy beach. Big difference to other situations :p