Long boot recommendations

trendybraincell

Visit site
I'm thinking about getting some quality long boots at some point in the future, I've been using short boots & gaitors for ages! But I'd like to have some worn in and ready to use when my little one is ready to compete...although thats many years off still!

So recommendations for nice longs boots, may have to consider made to measure as I have big wide feet, skinny ankles but short through the calf

SillySausage

Visit site
Ariat Bromonts... Well worth the money.

I also have wide feet and skinny ankles but I am long in the leg. They come in different heights so should be fine.

Actually got them after being recommended them on here!

trendybraincell

Visit site
I'd be very happy with Bromonts but the long boot version doesn't fit me, they were too long. I've got the short boot version and they are lovely!!

rowy

Visit site
I am in the same situ as you! I have always ridden in jod boots and leather chaps but decided I wanted some long boots to keep nice for competitions/ lessons to begin with.
Went to local saddlers. Tried on some broginis which were a little narrow in the foot I found. Tried on some petrie olympic boots and fell in love! They are now on my christmas list :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I also have xtra wide feet due to lifetime working with youngstock (breaking most bones over the years). Cannot buy many shoes off the peg due to this - even only a few of the M&S Footglove in wide fit :(
Small ankles & shortish legs below the knee for me too.

Ariat Bromonts all the way - fitted like a glove from the day I got them :)
Find an outlet where you can try on the short & reg length.

2nd day got off horse & forgot I was in lovely new boots & went out walking with a visiting friend to exercise her dog, 40 mins later of vigorous walking, feet still comfy :cool:

Javabb94

Visit site
Mountain horse supremes!

Love mine although mine are slightly too small in foot size so I could get long narrow!

They are buttery soft right from new and clean up really easily

BYR

Visit site
De Niro caprice, I have just ordered my second pair there lovely

second vote for these, I used to always wear short boots and gaiters as I didn't like the restriction of long boots.

These are the only pair I can get on with and I believe they come in a various number of height and width fittings :)

rara007

Visit site
My sergio grassos are great for my pretty wide feet and skinnyish slightly below average length legs :p No breaking in either :)

horseywelsh

Visit site
I love my Mark Todd Field Competition boot, these aren't the cheap version Mark Todd do so don't get them mixed up. So comfortable, took no breaking in,i wear them for BD and showing, also jumping. Great boot and good fit as they have a discrete strip of elastic in down length of boot. Worth a try on to see if they suit :)