long handled poo picker

SEL

Visit site
OH has been helping with the poo picking but moaning that my Stubbs poo picker rake is too short and his back is hurting.

I remember an old livery having a rake with an extendable handle. Can't see anything obvious on google though - any ideas?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
there's a new one on the market which has like a little shavings fork and a giant bucket that you flick the poo into. will have a google and see if I can find it. I think you can bu y the forks on their own

Found it.
I actually did like the design of the whole thing, you can stand behind or to the side of the bucket, stand on the side to keep it still and the fork has a full length handle

https://quickpickequine.co.uk/

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
we have an extendable one as it was too short for Dad (and didn't want to put him off when he retired).
It came from mole valley I think but can't see it on their web. We try and have ours on foggage in the winter so any other sort of fork really doesn't work.

MP, I wonder why they made the other handle so short?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
OH has been helping with the poo picking but moaning that my Stubbs poo picker rake is too short and his back is hurting.

I remember an old livery having a rake with an extendable handle. Can't see anything obvious on google though - any ideas?
we have the long handled poo fork and scoop no extendable they are permanently long works well for us, would not need the rake except when birds spread it

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've always used an ordinary shavings fork, bit of a pain in long grass but otherwise works well
Me too. I'm tall and have a knackered back, but I find using my usual long handled fynalite shavings fork is the quickest and easiest way to poo pick. Slide it in underneath the poop pile, lift up and deposit in wheelbarrow, no raking needed.

Myloubylou

Visit site
The red gorilla long handle I don’t rate as much as the short as find it harder to rake big poops into skip though got hyper mobile wrists. I do like to get bits of poop off the bed tho

SEL

Visit site
Apparently a shavings fork can't get up the stuff the birds have spread across the field - he's getting a bit OCD about clearing poo! Not that I mind. I'll have a look at gorilla tomorrow. With my vet bills this year it'll probably be his Xmas pressie :D

SEL

Visit site
There is a metal rake you can get with adjustable rake width which is quite useful and while not having a long handle it is longer than a stubbs. I have a dodgy back and find it comfortable to use.
Or if you are feeling flippant, suggest a hoover ;)
If we ever have our own land gadget man will probably buy a proper poo hoover, along with a tractor and a lot of other boy toys......

If only he could automate mucking out and haynet soaking :D