LONG LASTING treats/puppy occupiers (sp)

CAYLA

Visit site
Can I link or is that advertising?

I just found some hard/long lasting puppy chews (I don't really do chews/treats) unless im crate training but I bought these to fill the clients doggy Xmas bags cos they looked cool:cool: and my dogs have polished them off (they love them):D

They are pargaon edible dog chews and come in small/medium and Large (the large is huge) in the toothbrush.
*food police" don't shoot me:p it does say vegeterian and wheat and gluten free (but past that I never looked):p

For anyone looking for new/different treats for their puppy treat box or something for a small/medium breed or a teeth cleaned (they do strip plaque) I have chewed on them (obs my teeth are nowt like a dogs) but they are tough:p

They come in
hedgehogs
crocodiles
toothbrushes
long star bar
You can but them by the box (have to say im getting them a fair bit cheaper from whole sale:p

Seen as there are only really
Stag bars (best for adult teeth)
Pigs ears (good for pups) the large real ones:p
Kongs (good for pups and adults)
Raw bones (good for adult and some for pups)
jumbones (good for pups)
(the above treats could be added too):p

Useless info but thought may come in helpful if you are looking for extra variety:p

CAYLA

Visit site
Give us the link, they sound great, you doing doggy stockings now?:rolleyes: what are you doing as their main present:D

Lol, every year for the dog walking clients I do them a doggy bag with descent treats in this years its (so far) a couple of Large toothbrushes/some pork rolls/a stag bar/pigs ears (I only do good quality):p and I am going to have them a cartoon dog tag made with their pictures of them.
I some times do calendars for the owners made up of pictures snapped all through the year of their mutts out walkies or a photo album.

Dizzle

Visit site
You can get those in Pets at Home, I might have to stock up on a few for the puppy, he is a speed demon with chews but a Kong stuffed with peanut butter, a treat and a Kong Brand treat seems to be keeping him quiet at the moment, although it's funny when he gets fustrated and starts throwing it down the stairs to try and get the bits out!

stargirl88

Visit site
I have a fussy dog, turns his nose up at most chews unless I rub pepperami over them!

If they had pancake teeth cleaning chews I'd probably have it not the mutt :D

Bix

Visit site
My vet gave us one of the small green crocodiles when pup had his first vac and he loved it! So when I saw them at Pets at Home I was chuffed! I buy the small ones which are just 50p each. I've found that the coloured ones don't last long but they also have a slightly bigger white one that's bone-shaped (still the same price) that lasts him much much longer (and the last one he had, he only managed half so I took the rest away for another day). Great value for how long they last :)

Bix

Visit site
Just seen the white bone-shaped one on the VeggiePets.com link you posted. Says they're rice as opposed to veg like the others. Not sure if that makes them less nutritious? Not unhealthy though I presume.

I'm liking the idea of having a tub of these :D :eek:

Venevidivici

Visit site
Thanks for the links-gonna try them on poopy:) This is a bit random but in one of those links,(in the picture of the 2hedgehogs) the orangey red hedgehog on the left looks like he's on the phone,chatting? Struck me as odd but then so are paprika flavoured hedgehog chews that look like they're made of candle wax - gassing on the mobile with their hedgehog mates or not... ;D

CAYLA

Visit site
Do they not have the same risks as Greenies?

Greenies??:eek:

Ok I did a google, I would not think them that high a risk to be honest, mine chew them to nothing but indeed as it suggests go for an appropriate sized treat (not smaller ones for big dogs) a friend of mine has been feeding her dally and cocker them for yonks and I always dismissed them cos I dont' feed treats, I only really tried because I bought them for clients thinking they looked fun and not the usual cheap crap, but I think I would def keep them in as treats (the larger ones anyway)

Last edited:

CAYLA

Visit site
Thanks for the links-gonna try them on poopy:) This is a bit random but in one of those links,(in the picture of the 2hedgehogs) the orangey red hedgehog on the left looks like he's on the phone,chatting? Struck me as odd but then so are paprika flavoured hedgehog chews that look like they're made of candle wax - gassing on the mobile with their hedgehog mates or not... ;D

LMFAO:D after a knackering night shift you made me laugh (on the phone) I think his hand is just touching his cheek:D:D random though and hilarious:D
They are like waxey I suppose:p

Make sure folks if you want longer lasting you go for LARGE, the little ones are titchy:p

I also buy pork rolls they are another long laster for littluns and puppies, good for big ones but dont last long in their gobs obs:D

Right I am off to collect peggy the bull terrier then im off to bed:D

Twizzel

Visit site
I got the hedgehog one for our spaniel from the vets... she loved it! It lasted a good amount of time too, although the star bars didn't last 2 minutes.

weevil

Visit site
Sprocket loves these - he usually has the little crocodiles. He is deeply suspicious of pigs ears and loves his stag bar but he has free access to that so the crocs are great for giving him a little treat (and keeping him quiet for a few minutes)