Long leather competion boots for short fat legs?

fairyclare

Visit site
Please could someone recommend a pair of leather competition boots.
I have spent the last 2 days trying on all the leather boots in Ingatestone.
I bought a pair of Ariat Bromonts yesterday (see post about being disappointed) had to return them this morning because the zip broke before i'd even ridden in them
mad.gif

I have short fat legs - calf 16.5" length 17"

Thankies
smile.gif
smile.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I've got a pair of cheap and cheerful Regents
grin.gif
A lot of people look down their nose at them, but they fit nicely even on my fat legs, are very comfortable, and I like them
smile.gif

JustKickOn

Visit site
My calfs are quite chunky and my knee is lower than it should be, and I got some of the robinsons softy top ones for £80 and am in absolute love with them!! But unless you have a robinsons near your or are willing to travel to try them on I wouldn't reccommend buying them over the internet.

Alternatively, could you not get another pair of the boots you bought the other day, it may have been a faulty zip on just one pair of boots?
smile.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
I have some Mark Todds which I got for £50 in a sale. I have short fat legs too...15.5 from ground to back of knee and 14.5 calf!

fairyclare

Visit site
Really??

I had a pair of Regent Graftons (the plain ones with the zip up the back) and they were really uncomfortable to walk about in and the zips were really poor quality and eventually gave up the ghost.
That said, i am willing to give them a go as i am sure they have changed as i bought mine about 10 +yrs ago!

Thanks for the splotchy
smile.gif

fairyclare

Visit site
I was sceptical about the Ariats as i had a heck of a lot of trouble with dodgy zips on the Devon pro boots, always found the ariats are expensive and don't last any time at all, i have had numerous pairs over the yrs, all of were were expensive and lasted about 3-4 months (i was in the all day everyday on the yard but still....)
After that yesterday with the zips i am not willing to risk it with them again i am afraid!

Will go and have a look at Robinsons, unfortunatly i live nowhere nr the shop
frown.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Really??

I had a pair of Regent Graftons (the plain ones with the zip up the back) and they were really uncomfortable to walk about in and the zips were really poor quality and eventually gave up the ghost.
That said, i am willing to give them a go as i am sure they have changed as i bought mine about 10 +yrs ago!

Thanks for the splotchy
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just gone out to the porch to find out what sort mine are but they just say style R686SW (which presumably is short wide) but they are like you describe, plain with zips, so prob are the Graftons too?

I had a pair of Regents without zips which I bought about 8 years ago which are still hellish to wear and rub my feet raw every time
crazy.gif
but my newer pair are FAB compared to them - I can even walk an XC course in them
shocked.gif
So perhaps Regents have improved?
smile.gif

Keltic

Visit site
Another vote for the equitectors they are great!! I got the short wide ones and they didnt cut me in the back of the knee either!

4leggedfurries

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched field
Visit site
A really great website i have discovered is www.dogwoodlondon.co.uk. Admittedly they can be expensive, but they have a value range of boots, but the best thing about them is that they have about 20 different size fitting for all of their boots, so you should find something to fit. They are also excellent quality. Bonus is that they are towards london so prob not too far to go and see them and try some.