Long over due lickle ex-racehorse update!!

Girlracer

Visit site
I can't believe it's taken me this long to get round to doing this update, very un-like me!

Been absolutely crazy what with work, christmas, new year etc etc! Hope you all had a good christmas?

So about 3 weeks ago i took Sapphire to her new home and that day went and picked Major up. I've not heard a great deal from her new owners but what i have heard has been good and they've sent some nice photos. It's been great having Major back and he's coming back into work really well. He's been very VERY spoilt due to me coming into some money and subsequently spending most of it on him, as you do when your crazy horse owner! He's got 2 new saddles (well second hand but new to me!) a pessoa anky dressage saddle and albion k2 jump saddle. He's got a hand made made to measure bridle on it's way, in fact 2 of them, one for each saddle.... New rugs, bandages, headcollars... the list goes on. But i don't have to pay livery for him so that's my excuse! He's very fat, he weighed (on the weigh tape) 513 before he went on holiday, he's now 560... but still has ribbys on show!

Here's hoping we have a fun and successful 2012, as i am in the process of finding an ifor williams trailer so i can travel him a bit further. :)

So anyway here he is!

Day he came back

078630d6.jpg

d4d6dd6d.jpg

Doing some lungeing!

2b5cb934.jpg

Being a bit OTT over some poles (after standing on 2 legs in protest to having to do such silly things!)

ebe452ef.jpg

0236c611.jpg

bcbdaaed.jpg

Hacking out sporting a tiny clip as i only had 15 minutes to clip him!

ea805402.jpg

ec8584d5.jpg

4db2ea68.jpg

a1fbe847.jpg

c23fd336.jpg

51414192.jpg

And today sporting his new rug

0da52b5e.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Paddy Irish

Visit site
Where the hell have you been , it's ages since we saw Major - don't tell me you robbed a bank , nice to have some spare cash though.:rolleyes:

He's soo shiney , even with ribs he looks ok , Paddy can be a bit like this especially if he's due for worming..

Looking at your pics is giving me the much needed boot up the backside to start bringing Paddy out of hibernation.:D

welsh horse rider

Visit site
He doesn't look very impressed with his new Equine premier rug..... than again they can be quite ungrateful over the smallest of things........... love all the pics he looks fab xx

KVH

Visit site
Wow, had to do a double take at your last picture-thought that was my ginger in his PE rug!!
So although I am biased, I love seeing pics of him! :)

3Beasties

Visit site
Aww he's looking fab! Glad you are in the potition to spoil him, I'd do he same if it were me :D :D

I know of an Ifor 511 thats going up for sale towards the end of next month..... ;)

Firewell

Visit site
I'm sure he's happy to be back to being pampered number one again! He's a lovely boy, I find pink powder good at getting rid of the ribby look, it helps their stomachs. Lucky horse to have all new things! I'm thinking about getting a trailer at some point, let us know how you get on with it :).

bumblelion

Visit site
He's looking gorgeous! I am a bit biased as love chestnut tbs!! Mine needs to come out of hibernation and get working again too! He's had long enough off now! Should be fun! Must invest in some very sticky superglue! Lol! Bet he's feeling very smug with new tack!!

Girlracer

Visit site
Thank you everyone! And Firewell he has been on pink powder since he came back in but he's not fed a lot (as in half a scoop pony nuts and half a scoop hifi light) i was told it was a good way of getting a bit of condition without bulk and fizzyness.

He's getting fit again now so i intend to crack on with some good schooling again.

Thanks again for all your lovely comments, i do love my pony :D