Long over due update!

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Hi all!

Not sure whether some of you will remember my last post (about 6 weeks ago:rolleyes:...) When I admited to possibly losing my marbles and purchasing a very thin, poor conditioned, unhandled 3 year old colt..

After 6 weeks of intense hard work and patience, yesterday I had my first walk around the school on him!

I know people will think it's all a bit rushed, but he honestly hasnt be phased by anything, hes is the sweetest natured little thing ever! and has taken it all in his stride. I will update with some pictures this evening when i get in from work!

Thought a little proud mother story would make everyones Monday a little easier! So please, no one have a go! :D

Elsiecat

Visit site
Pictures 100% required!!!!
I've got a similar boy although he's not skinny, and he takes everything in his stride too.

Well done on getting him so far in 6 weeks :)

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Pictures 100% required!!!!
I've got a similar boy although he's not skinny, and he takes everything in his stride too.

Well done on getting him so far in 6 weeks :)

Aw thank you so much!
I will post some pictures once I'm home from work! He's the sweetest thing ever, he has quite nice bloodlines too, Rubinstein in there! His father was German warmblood ( Aragon S) and his mother was Dutch X cob.. But he looks like a minging mamoth atm :rolleyes: but hes getting there.. a bit of a ugly duckling story i think ;)

Moody-Mare

Visit site

ridefast

Visit site
What a cracker! You've done really well with him. Love the tongue sticking out with you on him, he's like meh, whatever

mytwofriends

Visit site
What a lovely chap! He has a lovely kind expression and isn't minging at all - I have a yak myself and feel able to pass judgement! Well done, you've done a fab job with him! :):)

nostromo70

Visit site
I've see alot worse looking horses. He looks fine to me. A bit more muscle and Bobs your uncle. You'll have a lovely horse to play with all summer. Nice markings and a kind face.

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Thanks everyone, think i managed to pick the best pictures. Hes still quite ribby, but he hard a hard time when he was gelded, he's also covered in rain rash and mud rash.. but is slowly letting me pick the scabs off, But seems to bee filling out. He's on good quality hay, 2/3 small feeds a day- speedy beat, healthy tum, baileys No1 and pink powder, also has access to a mineral lick. Got a worm count done when i got him and it was at 700.. so he's had a 5 day course of panicure and a wormer to cover tape worm too. So he's looking a bit better from that. Hopefully the weather improves and the grass will sprout:rolleyes:.. give him a few months and he'll be a happier pony..
His dad is 16.1hh and his mum was 15.1hh, I'nm guessing comapred to my other horses hes about 15.1hh atm, but very bum high.

Believe it or not, I went to see a 16.3hh 5 yo wb X tb and ended up bringing the scruffy pony:rolleyes: Funny how you just click with them isnt it?

Miss Horse lover

Visit site
Hes way too scuffy for you!!!!! I should just come over and collect him you cant be too far from me in ayrshire too :D

Just kidding he's stunning looking and you should be proud of how far you have come with him in such a short space of time xxxxxxxx

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Yes it is I'm in kilmarnock, you?

No I don't compete I'm just getting back into horses after a long break so started looking to buy at the end of last year haven't found ' the One' yet :D so maybe look at loaning or sharing in the mean time. Do you compete?

Ahh really, I work in killie, but am from further down the country.. Dalmellington! Yes i do, just unafilliated and Wh! So hard to find 'The One' Good Luck!:D