Long riding boot recommendations

scats

Visit site
The zip got stuck and chewed on my long black riding boots this evening (and I got stuck in them, to the amusement of my friend!) I’ve had the zips redone once before for the same issue, but truth be told the boots are pretty old now so I should probably just replace them.
They are just for everyday riding, I have separate competition boots for fancy stuff so I’m happy with a synthetic material. I *think* they are Broginis that were just under £100 but I can’t actually remember.

Anyway, ideally I don’t want to spend over £100 as they are just for general riding. Synthetic fine, but I do like them to look smart and obviously be comfortable.

Recommendations please.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I always buy mountain horse boots I loved my high riders that are not made any more had the zips replaced about 3 times on each boot but omg so comfy boots, I now have about 3 pairs of long boots and 1 pair of short, Arora and Vienna long boots and classic short.

But... I have recently bought some shires Alessandra and I ride them and do everything in them and they are brilliant, I do look after my boots though I clean them and condition them so they last and so far its worked 😁

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I've recently been bought some Ariat Grasmeres that were a bit over your budget at £150. Previously I've tended to buy Hy boots as I've found them excellent value for money and very comfortable. The zips have tended to go on them before the boots die, I've usually got two years plus out of them which I think is ok as my boots have a hard life.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I managed to find some shires boots from marketplace. They’ve done me really well and clean up nicely for competition too

teapot

Visit site
I’ve got a used but in good condition pair of Ariats that need a home. They’re older so have the better softer leather compared to the current ones (which imho are not worth the price!)

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I've recently been bought some Ariat Grasmeres that were a bit over your budget at £150. Previously I've tended to buy Hy boots as I've found them excellent value for money and very comfortable. The zips have tended to go on them before the boots die, I've usually got two years plus out of them which I think is ok as my boots have a hard life.

Sorry to hijack the post but I've been looking at Hy boots as I'm usually a short boots & chaps girl in the Spring/Summer (outside of my winter long Ariats) but could do with more ankle support but want a robust long boot that will cope with a bit of yard life, mud and getting off our hacking to lead if need be, so thank you for your post :) Most helpful!

I've also looked at the Toggi Calgary as they look robust rather than too refined.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Sorry to hijack the post but I've been looking at Hy boots as I'm usually a short boots & chaps girl in the Spring/Summer (outside of my winter long Ariats) but could do with more ankle support but want a robust long boot that will cope with a bit of yard life, mud and getting off our hacking to lead if need be, so thank you for your post :) Most helpful!

I've also looked at the Toggi Calgary as they look robust rather than too refined.

I usually get the Hy winter boots with the fleecy lining. Mine have to cope with winter yard life with ponies that mainly live out, including poo picking muddy fields and we get on the beach when we can so they also cope with muddy sand and a bit of salt water. So far with two pairs the zips have given up before the boots. I had the zips repaired both times but they went again after a few months.