Long shot.....riding in Almeria, Spain

Twiglet

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm off to Almeria for a couple of days in early Jan, and I wondered if any of you lovely people had recommendations for riding out there. Preferably on an Andalucian if possible!
Would rather a hack, and some decent scenery.
Would probably ride on my own as OH hates riding over here, so I doubt I'll be able to persuade on a cold Spanish mountainside! So faster rides not really a problem.

Thanks all.

riley

New User
Visit site
hi we went riding in almerima spain which is about 30miles from almeria, paco our instructor was brill but horses all under voice comand, took all skills to over rule his calls, we rode in med which was great and he frequantley stopped at bars to refresh himself with whiskey, also spent hours singing while leading us up trails, no saftey hats, hardley any tack, a real culture experience, have fun!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Freckles is in Spain too, not sure where Almeria is though
blush.gif

amzy

Visit site
Now, there is a forum member who lives there and was inviting people to go and ride with them a while ago. Just can't remember what their username was though - sorry. If I remember I'll get back to you.

Twiglet

Visit site
Well we're actually going to Mojacar - our friends have bought a restaurant in the town and we're going out there with them when they sign the paperwork etc (v excited!).

Would love to ride an Andalusian out there though, especially as the beaches look so gorgeous.

Thanks for all your replies guys.