Long time lurker finally deciding to say hi

Nayumi1

Visit site
So I have been using the horse and hound forum for a while now but always just reading what people put rather than contributing. I've now decided to poke my head out from shadows and say hellow.

A little about me:

I'm an Australian trying hard to survive in the UK until I can move back (3 years or there abouts). Therefor I do not own my own horses, however I ride 2 horses regularly through friends. Both are ID x TB however on complete opposite ends of the scale. One is 17hh chestnut, definitely taken the TB side and is good at keeping me on my toes out on a hack. The other is a 15hh piebald who is very much the calm, plodder who likes the easy life and lots of food. I'm an adult return rider (may as well say beginner adult rider) so have so much to learn and am desperate to learn as much as I can! I started riding again just over a year ago, which has helped make friends in the UK as well as keep me active.

I hope to continue my riding lessons too when I find the right instructor/school.

So hello to all the others out there! I thank you in advance for all the wisdom you may inadvertently share with me!

teacups

Visit site
Welcome to life above the parapet! <g>

It sounds as though you have the perfect deal there for increasing your horse knowledge and getting some miles in the saddle :) Which bit of Australia are you from?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Welcome :D

Hope the UK treats you kindly until your return to Aus. What are you over here for? The rides you have sound like a great mix!

Nayumi1

Visit site
Welcome :D

Hope the UK treats you kindly until your return to Aus. What are you over here for? The rides you have sound like a great mix!

I am from Perth and I miss it loads, I never thought I’d get so homesick but I do. Luckily my partner whose from Yorkshire is understanding and is keen to move over there.

I moved over with a guy, he was into rock climbing and wanted to climb over the world. I must be mad leaving sunshine and lifestyle of Aus &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;.