Long winter boots for on the yard??

equibabe20

Visit site
Does anybody have any warm long boots for wearing round the yard? I need some warm ones as wellies just make my feet so cold
frown.gif
i've been looking at the Derby House Thermal long boots or the Woof Long winter boots but not sure if they are any good. Someone suggested I get Derri boots but again never tried them before. Any suggestions welcome!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
OMG lol I was just about to post this...

I have just seent my derby house ones back, they are like wellies with thermal padding on the top, and the top of the wellie bit (just below the ankle) rubs like buggery. Oh, and I wouldnt want to try and find stirrups to fit them so as you could ride in them. Oh and they're V bulky! (and come up HUGE).

So has anyone else any recommendations??

equibabe20

Visit site
Ooh they look good, are they totally waterproof? I'll be walking about in mud and rain so I don't want anything non-waterproof

KateStartin

Visit site
I have muck boots tyne and i love them! Normally i hate wellies but these are really comfy. I have got a size smaller than normal. the man in the shop said that you should only use one pair of socks with them as if your feet sweat they will get cold.

dingle12

Visit site
woof boots a good but saying that my first pair i got only lasted one winter i got in contact with woof and they admitted that they needed improving so they sent me a new pair last month and these seem loads better. You can ride in them also.

Louby

Visit site
Muck boot Tyne too, mine are on 3rd winter too. I lurrrrrve them, so warm and comfy. Im between a 5 and a six so got the 5. Felt a bit too snug at first but soon 'moulded' to the shape of my feet. They are so warm, the bigger size with an extra pair of socks may have been just too much and Im one of those 'could cry with the pain of cold feet'

LauraBR

Visit site
I LOVE my Tuffa Suffolk boots. I live in them. Had them nearly a year and worn them constantly outside of work. Really well made, comfy for riding in... sheepy inside... LOVE them!

Was actually considering buying another pair on ebay for when mine 'run out'.
grin.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Im on my third pair of rimfrost boots and mine havent ever rubbed me.

Saved me from chilblains and worth every penny.

Also have Dubarrys but they havent seen winter action yet - like wearing slippers though....mmmmm.

fairhill

Visit site
I got the long woof boots last winter, they've been very comfy, don't rub and super warm. They're still in very good condition as well. I used to have the short mountain horse mucker types, but they got holes in after one season, whereas these are still watertight. I do ride in them, but they did rub the hair of the side of my horse as they're quite bulky.

RubyR

Visit site
I have a pair of Mountain Horse Rimfrost boots. They are very warm and waterproof. You can also wear them for riding, although I didn't like them for riding because they are a bit bulky, but great for the yard.
I've had mine for three years and have worn them solidly during the colder parts of the year. They have never rubbed and have been really comfortable.

air78

www.ctwequine.com
I've got the Le Chameau wellys- i think they are called veribond, or something, which are neoprene lined, and are v warm and cosy and so comfy i can wear them all day. Highly recomend them.
I have also got the Dubarry boots, but they are not as warm as my wellys.
smile.gif