Longleat OI & Novice Advice please!

wellyboot

Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether to do the OI and Novice at Longleat. Hoping for some advice!

OI - I've got an Advanced horse I've had since he was 6, he hasn't evented for 2 years as his dressage was so unpredictable. Anyway I did Nurstead ON on him and he went OK in the dressage and got a double clear, doing Borde Hill IN next week and then probably BCA Novice HC then the OI at Longleat. He has jumped clear round Longleat twice but a few years ago. Has it changed much recently? I'm a bit worried about the hills for his first Intermidiate run in 2 years.

Novice - I've got a 7 year old who has done 2 novices at S of E and Nurstead. He was a bit green at S of E but went clear, very bold at Nurstead did all straight routes just had a silly run out at the end out of the water. He is doing Borde Hill and BCA Novice. My question is, is Longleat to much of an ask for a fairly newly upgraded horse?

Sorry for the essay and thanks for your advice

Bossanova

Visit site
re the intermediate, it has changed quite a lot as they have a new course builder, though it seems to be following the same route pretty much. I'd say it tends to be relatively big and bold with a few spooky things- particularly the 2 waters which generally cause most of the trouble.
The novice should be ok if he has done 4 novices before Longleat
smile.gif