Look what I've been looking after recently

S_N

Visit site
She had her 2nd birthday on 11th August and was only halter broken when she arrived on Aug 1st!! She has since learnt to lead from both sides, have her entire body brushed AND her belly!! Also her mane combed out + forelock and her head brush and eyes and nose washed!!! Still haven't managed to touch her front legs lower than the elbow
blush.gif
but we can get to her hocks
grin.gif
Touching her tail is something you'd only do atm if you had a death wish
crazy.gif
She has also discovered the delights of drinking from the hose pipe
grin.gif

She's not what you'd expect to find on a TB stud in Newmarket is she
grin.gif

She really didn't grasp the concept of standing up properly bless her!
003.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

008.jpg

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
30yrs ago I was surrounded by mares like her & even at 14 wondered what they would produced put to a TB or Arab. My 1st foal came from the family who bred & kept these mares along with some very smart Welsh Cob stallions. They all had very good temperments & enjoyed being groomed & fussed. They also taught me what to look for regards signs of foaling. Who is this one in-foal to?

S_N

Visit site
Not a clue who she's supposed to be infoal to, I'm presuming another cob of some sort. She's bound for Australia - whenever they are allowed to fly.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Yes I have heard that they fetch very good prices there & US. Amazing most of the foals went through Southall & though the prices were good, they are nothing to what the Americans are paying for them!

peapod

Visit site
Oh she's beautiful! Why on earth is she going all the way to Australia?

Totally off topic but following on from what magic104 said about heavier mares being put to TB's - we bought in a 3yr old Roan Dales mare this year...she was a complete bargain, made even more so by the fact that she popped out a chestnut filly a couple of months later! The filly is by one of 40 TB colts (we managed to trace back to where the roan mare had been). She's a slightly unusual combination but looks to be a lovely athletic foal; should mature at about 15hh we think!

S_N

Visit site
Crazy prices!! I've no idea what this one fetched, but a lovely maxi-cob (tri-coloured) that I used to ride (nearly 4 years ago) was bought by his owner when I knew him, inc a made to measure Cliff Barnsby saddle, for £2,000. She sold him for £6,000, that person (also someone I knew) grew all his mane out and feathers (he was previously hogged and clipped out completely) and she sold him earlier this year to the USA for £27,000!!!! He was 8!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh she's beautiful! Why on earth is she going all the way to Australia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been sold over there I presume - she's gonna suffer with all her hair. Bless her - she's so sweet - as long as your not trying to make her do something she doesn't want to do
ooo.gif

lisaward

Visit site
wow just my type,what is she in foal too???
magic don't suppose you have any pictures of your cob x's
as i have a mare i'm looking to breed and can't decide what to put her too i'm scared if i go too far from a cob i'll get something with a cob legs and a fine head

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I am not sure if he like his sire has been accepted into the Trak breeding book, if so then you would have a foal with dual pprs PB Trak & PBA. He would be worth consideration, you are going to end up with a huge list by next year at this rate.

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
yes but she's be classed as 2 on 1st jan this year and I presume she's only been put in foal this year as a 2yo? I've known two year olds be put in foal and be fine, one of them is amazing. I guess it depends on the mare but we've had this debate b4.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
We have had these debates before which is why I made no comment, that & the fact that is quiet common for these types of mare to be put in-foal at 2yrs. The most probably would be in harness at that age, they though nothing of putting them to the cart at 2yo.

ESH_Jess

www.eurosportshorse.com
we have a mare who is out of our 15hh hairy irish cob mare by a 16.1hh tb stallion, and she's lovely, we were very lucky with what we got as she's 16.1-16.2hh black middle weight mare. she got a fantastic neck and powerfull hind quaters from her mother (and fab attitude to work) and her quality and elegance and size from tb father. you wouldn't tell the difference from our other wb mares. if your interested i'll put some pics up....if i can work out how!!! hehe!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
in-foal and she only had her second birthday on 1st August ?????? Dear God, words fail me, where on earth did the poor creature come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you'll be pleased to hear, that she has been confirmed NIF! As for where she came from - I have no idea
crazy.gif

Faithkat

Visit site
I'm pleased for her! It might be the case that the horse became 2 officially on 1st January but it doesn't change her chronological age which meant she was only barely 16 months on 1st January. To be honest, I would have been surprised if she had been in-foal at that age because of being barely old enough to have started cycling.