looking at apprenticeship/working pupil roles.. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toppedoff

Visit site
pretty much using a groom apprentice/student role as a year gap and wanting to progress myself with horses. im always looking on yard and groom, facebook, ******* for any yards, ones ive messaged said they wouldnt be able to accommodate this. anyone know of any stables within wgc/hatfield/st albans or stevenage area? who may be up for this or known to take people on? my phone is a goner at the min so i can only really email..
dont have much riding experience aside from being a happy hacker all my life, no exp with shows or prep, interested in mainly groundwork stuff (?)

open to any sort of yard, im happy to learn from all sorts or specific disciplines. any ideas are appreciated, ive been looking on and off since around march

thank you

Pinkvboots

Visit site
pretty much using a groom apprentice/student role as a year gap and wanting to progress myself with horses. im always looking on yard and groom, facebook, ******* for any yards, ones ive messaged said they wouldnt be able to accommodate this. anyone know of any stables within wgc/hatfield/st albans or stevenage area? who may be up for this or known to take people on? my phone is a goner at the min so i can only really email..
dont have much riding experience aside from being a happy hacker all my life, no exp with shows or prep, interested in mainly groundwork stuff (?)

open to any sort of yard, im happy to learn from all sorts or specific disciplines. any ideas are appreciated, ive been looking on and off since around march

thank you
Have you tried Oaklands college in St Albans?

There is a woman who trains race horses in a farm near me she is always advertising for staff, the farm is J Sherriff I'm sure she is on face book her name is Sherriff as its her Dad's farm can't remember her first name though, maybe Google it you might find her if not have a drive down there, they have got loads of horses in the fields all youngsters it's probably a nice job.

toppedoff

Visit site
Have you tried Oaklands college in St Albans?

There is a woman who trains race horses in a farm near me she is always advertising for staff, the farm is J Sherriff I'm sure she is on face book her name is Sherriff as its her Dad's farm can't remember her first name though, maybe Google it you might find her if not have a drive down there, they have got loads of horses in the fields all youngsters it's probably a nice job.
college isnt for me, ive been so eager to finish!

oh wow i didnt realise there was a racing yard so close, ive spoken to jenkins before in royston but it fell through because the trains were too expensive, i thought he was the closest. ill email them, thank you so much
is this the place? according to google earth

1686241617242.png

Pinkvboots

Visit site
college isnt for me, ive been so eager to finish!

oh wow i didnt realise there was a racing yard so close, ive spoken to jenkins before in royston but it fell through because the trains were too expensive, i thought he was the closest. ill email them, thank you so much
is this the place? according to google earth

View attachment 115373
Yes that's it it's off the Marford Road just past the crooked chimney pub

toppedoff

Visit site
bumping this as i havent found anywhere just in case theres more, havent had luck with fb either thank you

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Are you sure you emailed her and not the farm? I'm sure she has Facebook that's where my friend saw her advertising for staff maybe message her through there.

toppedoff

Visit site
Are you sure you emailed her and not the farm? I'm sure she has Facebook that's where my friend saw her advertising for staff maybe message her through there.
i did the email that was on her racing fb page in the contacts bit, i hope i wont come off as too pushy if i message her on fb i really hope it goes right

toppedoff

Visit site
may phone em once got my phone sorted? if not ill just have to look for somewhere when im driving
didnt message on fb, ill just leave fb for now

toppedoff

Visit site
Super embarrassing, can I message someone about one of the yards 😣 having bit of a meltdown on how to get there

Status
Not open for further replies.