looking at stallions-for my imaginary mare!

Capriole

Visit site
anyone else browsing stallions right now
smile.gif

ive two mares, but wouldnt want to breed from either (one too small and others conf. not up to scratch), so am looking through in a 'what if' kind of way...sad eh?
smile.gif

silvershadow81

Visit site
Not really!

when i was at uni i thought i would be clever and i decided to put my mare into foal with my student loan. I then thought that i would be able to sell the baby for more money which would make me student debt free!
Sat for AGES on the internet gaizing at stallions until i picked a very lovely SJ stallion (my mare wasnt going to have any man!)
wink.gif

After two attempts, she still would not take and I have ended up with a NFFR with a top stallion and a mare who is now considered to old to breed from!
confused.gif

AND a very nice 'student loan' AKA STUD loan! which i am STILL paying off!!
crazy.gif

0ldmare

Visit site
Last (and only) time I tried to breed from one of my mares it was a total nightmare. She adored being at stud and nearly raped the stallion
blush.gif
, even let herself out of her stable and went visiting (bypassed the other stallions and went straight for her boy at the end of the row
grin.gif
) Anyway she was scanned in foal, then again. All went well, mare got large, but I somehow didnt feel something was quite right so got the vet who pronounced he 'could feel a foot' and yes mare was def in foal. I hired a foaling camera thing, put her in the foaling box a few weeks before....and NOTHING happened. A week after she was overdue I got the vet because I was concerned and, guess what? She wasnt in foal!!!
confused.gif

On the same subject I was mulling over whether to breed (or try to) from another of my horses. She is Conny x TB and is a 15hh SHP. I would like to *try to* breed a small hunter type so a little bit bigger, but similar type. Any suggestions?

kimky

Visit site
i love to breed with my irish cob, probaly but her with something like a liver chestnut TB or quater horse , for a laugh maybe a leopard spot lol Hopefully i would get something a little bit lighter build
laugh.gif
i will do it one day but shes only a baby atm xx

Capriole

Visit site
5? wow, youve got a lot of decisions to make!
smile.gif

ive actually got enough to be going on with, with the horses ive already got, but i cant help looking
smile.gif

if my anglo mare was only bigger...

Holloa

Visit site
I love Jumbo as a stallion, if i were to ever breed i would love to breed a son from him!

Or Clover hill- his progeny have the most fantastic temp.

Ah....dream, dream!

Hollycat

Visit site
Nothing better than hypothetical window shopping for stallions. And don't let me near the catelogues and video clips of sale horses in Germany .....

PS - the Oldenburg verband catelogue has some mouth watering horses in it