Looking for a new horse

dieseldog

Visit site
I am looking for a horse to mainly showjump, would want it to be capable of jumping 1.20s, doesn't have to be doing it now, but it definatly needs to have a life after Newcomers. Also I would want to do some low level BE. Somewhere between 15.3 and 16.1, if its at the smaller end a little bit chunky, athletic, nice to handle, somewhere between 5 and 12, if older would need to be cheaper. So it could either be an open horse or a younger one.

Anyone know of anything for sale?

siennamum

Visit site
I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for you. VERY exciting.Sarah has ended up buying a giant (assuming it passes the vet!).
shocked.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
How much is an airfare to come over? It would probably cost more to try him and ship home than buy him!! I've also read your posts, but he is very pretty

Cullohill

photobucket.com
i know of two quite nice 6 yr olds, both very low milage mainly unaf stuff went to dressage trailblazer champs but both capable of much more..... one maybe a bit big he's prob just over 17hands but rides much smaller the other is around 16.1 i think. they are priced 6.5k for smaller one as he has been seen to weave and 8.5k for big boy.
pm me if you'd like more details.

Good luck with your search!!

siennamum

Visit site
As is ALWAYS the case. You look up and down the country for months, then whilst visiting a mate one day, her next door neighbour has a youngster for sale, pop round, try it, fall in love with it, and buy it in the space of 3 days!
It IS bloody gorgeous as well, quite envious (except I can show her hehehe)

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I know an older horse who has so far only done dressage (affiliated to elementary) but has a lot of scope (jumped 1m20 courses) and XC with ease. Is Hanoverian with Welton Inschallap (or however its spelt) as its sire so good eventing lines is 10 (or 11 i forget) BUT is 17h1!!! For sale as he wants to do some jumping and his mum doesn't and also she is too busy with uni and full time job to do much with him.

He is in H&H this week although he wasn't meant to go in till 31st as owner (mate) is going away. He is on the first double page of horses for sale on right hand page and is grey going over a XC fence.

Katie

dieseldog

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I've currently got a 17.2 and I struggle a bit as he's a big horse. He hasn't done anything wrong its just that truthfully he's not the right horse for me. I probably would get on better with something a bit smaller. Its taken me a long time to admit that I should sell him. Its just that when other people ride him he does brilliantly and when I ride him we do OK. So I have been banned from buying anything big again.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
A girl at my yard is selling an Irish Sport horse 16.2hh grey 5yr old gelding, good on the flat, good jumper, good in traffic etc.
She is off to uni in 3 weeks and is desperate for a quick sale so has dropped the price and will probably be open to offers
smile.gif

If you are interested PM me and I'll give you her number.