Looking for a new horse.

Halfpass

Visit site
Orange has now gone on a 4 week trial. The young girl has already ridden him 4 times so i can not see any problems with the trial (fingers crossed). I have tried not to post too much on here about it as i felt like it was tempting fate. He went yesterday (i was very tearful) and seemed fine and laid back when we left his new home (the chickens were rather scary though!!).
So onto the exciting bit, I am now on the look out for a new horse, only looking at mo until the trial period is up. I wondered if any of you guys could put me in touch with the right people or suggest any good dealers etc. I am going to Dublin for 3 days at end of october so looking in this area could also be an option. I am looking for a gelding 16hh+ 3-6 years that I can do BSJA and dressage with. I am not fussed if the horse is not backed or needs schooling as I am really looking for something I can get my teeth into. As for breeding I have not really thought about it but I know I don't want a pure TB as the horse needs to able to carry 12.5 stone easily. I do prefer a horse with a nice deep girth as I have quite long legs so again if anyone can make any suggestions on breed that would also be good. I'm sure you guys wull come up trumps you always seem to.
grin.gif

Halfpass

Visit site
Forget to say that at the mo I only have around £3000 to spend but the longer i look the more money i'll save. So everntually don't want to spend any more than £4000 - £4500 do you think i'll get what i'm looking for at this price?

Halfpass

Visit site
The breaking and schooling myself is what i had planned to do. Where do you find these type of horses though. Most are advertised as being well schooled etc. Think the trip to ireland may have to include some horsey hunting
smirk.gif
. Do any of you irish peeps have any good contacts in and around the dublin area?

KatB

Visit site
I brought mine as a just backed 3yr old from just north of Dublin, for round that price. The people I brought him from are lovely, I will see what theyve got available? They are mainly homebred too.....

4whitesocks

Visit site
try www.irishequimarkets.com....my new yard seem to put people in touch with horses (just found a gorgeous 4yo gelding TB for a girl on the yard who has a fab jump and has a fab temperament for 5k - euro, probably about £3400)
The Irish Field has a classified section - dunno how you could get it over there though...
happy to give you some advice/directions etc. when you come over in October - just pm me!

Dawn