Looking for a nice Livery yard Hornchurch/Upminster/Romford...

headgroom99

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just wondering anyone knows of a nice smart livery yard with good facilities in the Hornchurch/Upminster/Romford/Brentwood area...??

I am currently stabled in Fobbing and dont want to move but have recently moved house further away and the prices have gone up where i am so i am looking to move my horse closer to home.

I have the use of 4 schools and all year turnout at the mo, so need somewhere with good riding facilities and good turnout, anything else is a bonus.

Any ideas from anyone let us know...

Cheers,

Sam

HotToTrot

Visit site
Well the yards with the best facilities are Norton Heath and Brook Farm. You'll know them if you're local, but shout if you want more info

In Upminster you have Harwood Hall, which has a decent outdoor and daily turnout most of the time. I've heard of Tylers and Lilliputs but can't tell you much about them!

Farma

Visit site
Upminster:
Harwood Hall, has all yr limited turnout, good school, small indoor, services and off rd hacking,
Hacton Park Corner Farm, Has good school, off rd hacking, all yr turnout with limited grazing, nice tidy yard.
Bury Farm; Nice indoor and outdoor school, nice smart yard, large stables, no hacking and coral style winter turnout.
Strawberry Farm, Good turnout but have to cross busy road, bit shabby and school has pillars.
Hornchurch;
Lilliputs - excellent grazing, nice smart yard,
Brentwood,
Budges yard - more Harold Wood - never been there but heard good things about it from people I know.
Woodend Farm, Lovely hacking, decent grazing, small school thats busy, a little shabby in places.
Boyles Crt, excellent grazing and hacking, stables on the small side, not allowed to jump in the school
Tylers, Lovely indoor and outdoor school, busy and slightly shabby, turnout rather than grazing, lots going on there.
Howards Farm, Nice grazing and hacking, in and outdoor schools - would be my first choice if I did move.
Simone Wards, dressage yard on Tomkyns Lane - dont know anything about it other than where it is!
Romford;
The Water Tower, Brook Farm, Springvales, 3 Horseshoes, Ye Olde Brook Farm,

Phew if I think of anymore will let you know!

headgroom99

Visit site
Thanks guys!

I used to be at Tylers Hall, so know what its like, not going back!!

Might look at Howards, know some one whos there already and might have a look at Hacton park and Harwood hall...

Im quite fussy so im not sure really if i want to move, but just looking for ideas incase theres a nice little yard hiding somewhere!!

Thanks again

Sam

Farma

Visit site
Me and hot2trot are both at Harwood Hall and I like it alot there - it suits me fine - if I was gonna move I would go to Howards Farm or Fobbing way!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Upminster:
Harwood Hall, has all yr limited turnout, good school, small indoor, services and off rd hacking,
Hacton Park Corner Farm, Has good school, off rd hacking, all yr turnout with limited grazing, nice tidy yard.
Bury Farm; Nice indoor and outdoor school, nice smart yard, large stables, no hacking and coral style winter turnout.
Strawberry Farm, Good turnout but have to cross busy road, bit shabby and school has pillars.
Hornchurch;
Lilliputs - excellent grazing, nice smart yard,
Brentwood,
Budges yard - more Harold Wood - never been there but heard good things about it from people I know.
Woodend Farm, Lovely hacking, decent grazing, small school thats busy, a little shabby in places.
Boyles Crt, excellent grazing and hacking, stables on the small side, not allowed to jump in the school
Tylers, Lovely indoor and outdoor school, busy and slightly shabby, turnout rather than grazing, lots going on there.
Howards Farm, Nice grazing and hacking, in and outdoor schools - would be my first choice if I did move.
Simone Wards, dressage yard on Tomkyns Lane - dont know anything about it other than where it is!
Romford;
The Water Tower, Brook Farm, Springvales, 3 Horseshoes, Ye Olde Brook Farm,

Phew if I think of anymore will let you know!

Ha ha I was thinking as I replied that you'd be better qualified to answer than I am! Good knowledge!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Me and hot2trot are both at Harwood Hall and I like it alot there - it suits me fine - if I was gonna move I would go to Howards Farm or Fobbing way!

Yep, ditto, it's got lots going for it. It's in a good location and the outdoor is nice and big. There's a derby field to ride in with some jumps too.

(Don't you dare move!!!)

headgroom99

Visit site
The only problem i have is i have lessons more a less once a week with Tracey Wright and i know some yards dont allow instructors to come in...??

coen

Visit site
All of the above allow instructors.
The only place with good facilities is tylers but you sacrafice other things.
Have you seen nick sullys yard forest farm in collier row? That is beautiful, fab indoor, outdoor, horse walker, lunge pen, bark paddock and decent turnout, think he is a little funny about outside instructors.

I don't think it is possible to find both great turnout & facilities in the area so you have compromise on something.
Having been on a couple of the above I can tell you that The Budges has excellent turnout, hacking, stables but they like quite horses & its 5day full liv so you get the problems associated with that, arena is ok. Harwood as decent arena, turnout, not much hacking but overall good yard no nasty surprises.

Out of the ones I have viewed in the area howards farm and woodend were also worth a look.

If you find a fabulous yard please let me know as I have looked at enough.

Farma

Visit site
Ooh coen how did I miss off Nick Sullys thats the nicest (diy) yard I have ever seen - def worth a look but wipe your shoes on the way in lol!
Btw Harwood allows instructors but you pay £5.

headgroom99

Visit site
I am currently at White hall farm in Fobbing its the best yard i've seen for the area and ive been there nearly 2 years however times are getting hard and i travel from hornchurch to there and back atleast once if not twice a day so im just trying to cut on costs a bit but i dont really want to move unless its somewhere that has what i want and need i wont just move for the sake of it, cheers anyway for the ideas, will probly have a little look around and see whats on offer

coen

Visit site
Really I didn't know Harwood charged £5 for lessons they never used to. I generally thought that was only the case if an instructor was based on site.

Nick Sulleys is called forest farm in collier row 07748715590 you generally need to book to view.

Farma

Visit site
Yes its a new thing they have introduced coen and that doesnt mean you have the school privately - thats just to have an outside instructor in.

meggymoo77

New User
Visit site
2 things to correct about that information of the livery yards,

1) i thought strawberry farm;s grazing wasn't very good, and not tidy/look after,

and
2) i thought woodend farm was a very friendy, tidy well looked after yard.

the rest of the information i agree with.

hope this helps you decide :)

Visit site
For information anywhere within the M25 will involve you crossing roads that are busy - some will be better than others of course.

To update above - Strawberry Farm has 100+ acres of grazing. Larger than some other liveries in Upminster. Although some other liveries may look nicer and Strawberry Farm is shabby you shouldn't post things that are based on subjective knowledge and clearly incorrect in this case- Meggymoo

As with all things - its horses for courses or in other words you pay for what you get. We aren't all international show jumpers and don't require the facilities to cater as such.

Strawberry Farm is very friendly and has no spare stables which in its self tells its own story. Hopefully this helps some of you decided where to stable your horse - but I would highly recommend Strawberry farm with its friendly atmosphere and grazing.