Looking for a small yard / yard share in West Berks

Three

Visit site
Can anyone help?

I'm looking to rent a small yard or sub-let part of a larger yard in the Upper Basildon / Pangbourne / Tidmarsh / Englefield area. I ideally need 4 stables (but happy to pay for more and have them as storage if it makes a yard split easier) and it must be acceptable to turn out the 4 horses together - in spite of them being a mare and 3 geldings.

Access to a manege and other facilities would be a brilliant bonus! I would prefer to have all-year turn out, even if it only for a few hours a day in winter (except in extreme conditions obviously!)

Happy to rent grazing if mobile field shelters / stables are acceptable but it must have water and electric.

Alternatively, I might consider DIY at the right place - but again a mixed herd turnout is a must.

Am I searching for the impossible?

Cecile

Visit site
Try calling into Total Equestrian at Beenham to have a look on their notice board or put your own add up on the notice board, the people who work there may also know of something.
I know that Countrywide in Newbury had some yards being advertised on the notice board but they are probably out of the area in which you need

Visit site
I'm not far from you and looking for similar, so if I see anything that may suit I will let you know. Sorry can't be of more help.

Cecile

Visit site
Try calling into Total Equestrian at Beenham to have a look on their notice board or put your own add up on the notice board, the people who work there may also know of something.
I know that Countrywide in Newbury had some yards being advertised on the notice board but they are probably out of the area in which you need

Sorry an error, Mole Country stores in Newbury (next to Sainsburys) previously Scats, no idea why I called it Countrywide

Cecile

Visit site
Thanks, will do.

Suspect I'm looking for the impossible!

I don't think you are looking for the impossible but some yards are empty as the owners have previously been let down by horse owners so I suspect they will remain empty.
You could also give Englefield estate office a ring, nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

Three

Visit site
I don't think you are looking for the impossible but some yards are empty as the owners have previously been let down by horse owners so I suspect they will remain empty.
You could also give Englefield estate office a ring, nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

I knew where you meant re: Mole/Counterywide/Scats!!

Another good idea to phone Englefield estate office. I was going to pop into the stables there too.

Such a shame if yards are being left empty - we've been happily at our current yard for 4 years and would have stayed forever if we could. The welfare of my horses will always be most important to me; after all, I've plenty of internal organs to sell fund the perfect place! :D

Cecile

Visit site
Try phoning Wasing estate office I'm sure they have things around and about or it may lead you to someone

There was a land agent who lived and run a yard between Woolhampton and Midgham he knew every yard and bit of land in the area, sorry can't remember his name but who knows a quick phone call to Thimbleby and Shorland may help you locate him or ask in local tack shops

Midgham area too far? PM for details although not sure the owner is looking to rent it so you would have to do your own homework on that