LOOKING FOR A SPECIAL HOME ?

joeholly

New User
Visit site
Hello im looking for a special home for my dog.She is a labrador x retriever (golden) she is 8 years old this december very good in all ways shes good with children,horses,cats and other dogs i would like her to go to some one who already had a dog with an active outdoors life shes very well trained.It is not a happy sale but are curcumstances have changed are family has grown and are house is just to small for a dog or this size.so please if your intrested in her then please email me bealmadimoo@aol.com thankyou.

Boxers

Visit site
I'm really sorry but I have to say this -

your family grew and now there's no room for your dog? Isn't she part of your family too? Would you get rid of one of your children? To me this amounts to almost the same thing.

I really hope you find a good home for her - she clearly deserves it!

clipclop

Visit site
8 years of loyalty and friendship and you can let her go??

My family is growing too but my dogs are part of it.

I have tears in my eyes for your dog.

I expect you have thought long and hard about this and you shouldn't have to explain yourself.

But, HOWWWWWW could you???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Surely circumstances haven't changed that your poor dog loses her home?
How much space does she need? I hope for her sake she does find a new home, if she is as described what a shame to have to part with her.
You might find a home for free but why on earth do you think anyone would pay for an eight year old dog?
I don't know your circumstances but I suspect there is more to this than you are telling, no-one gets rid of a dog that's been part of their family for 8 years unless the dog is either causing a problem or financially they can't afford to feed it anymore.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Cant you stop having kisd or something? or give a child to someone...dogs answer back less, sleep more, and are far more loyal. You also dont have to change nappies and can put them in the garden as and when you want...

I really dont understand why you would want to get rid of your dog, or why you would do it on a forum to people you dont know....

Meany!

HOWEN

Visit site
Hang on a second, how many of you have sold a horse that you have had for a few years because your life has changed? Did you get asked Cant you stop having kids or something? or give a child to someone.
I think not!!!

Its not like she has put this dog out on the streets, she is trying to find it a new home and is asking for help not rude comments.

Good luck I hope you find a new home for your dog.

Weezy

Visit site
Hollyhoo I have emailed you

TBH I think at least this person is being a decent human being - has realised they cannot care for the dog in an optimum way anymore and has decided to make the hard decision to part with her - nothing wrong with that!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Can I please say that the kids thing is tounge in cheek...my point was offering an 8 tear old dog to a bunch of strangers is not very nice and considerate for your dog..much better to see if you can get him adopted by someone you know or a driend of a friend.

I also think owning a dog is completely different to a horse - dogs live at home for one...and what do her/your kids think about you getting rid of their pet? I would have been heartbroken if my mum had said the dog didnt fit at home.

mrgoop

Visit site
I am really sad for you and your dog, i hope you find it a special home soon, for both your sakes. It is however such a shame to part with a member of your family, but if it is the only option, then i admire you for your honesty and for trying to do what is right for this animal. GOOD LUCK!!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I can honestly say that no I have never sold a horse, nor do I intend to. As for rehoming an 8 year old dog through a horse forum, rather than a reputable dog re-homing service, it is my opinion that this is irresponsible and I wonder if the comment about selling the dog has anything to do with this.

Boxers

Visit site
No - I don't think my comment was uncalled for.

I have dogs and kids and not a huge house, but I wouldn't dream of getting rid of a dog - they are almost as much part of the family as my kids.

Also - she is trying to sell the dog! So she obviously doesn't want to be out of pocket on this deal!

Low IMO

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
This is the wrong time of the year to be looking to pass a dog on. You'll probably get someone come, collect the dog, home as a present for Xmas & thrown onto the streets by February.

If you must re-home then find a rehoming charity to do it. They'll do the necessary home checks etc & the dog will be looked after & will go toa good loving home.

TGM

Visit site
I think people on this thread obviously care about what happens to your dog and have given you some good advice. I must say I can't understand why you would want to sell a 8 year old dog who is, apparently, good as gold. However, maybe there are personal reasons for rehoming it that you don't want to be made public. In that case you are best to wait until after Christmas and find a new home through a rehoming service. Might be a good idea to ring your local vets and see if they have details of any local charities that can help you find the dog a new home.

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
I'm sorry that you don't feel supported. But I am not sure why you would expect to come on a forum full of animal lovers -who are strangers to you - and expect them to support you in selling a dog that has been part of your family.

When we take on animals we take on a commitment to their well being. We all know that our circumstances can change and if we are unable to look after our animals properly, as responsible owners, we look for better homes for them, but it is done reluctantly and with much distress.

You would be better, as almost everyone has said, to look for a rescue society, or try amongst your friends, as that way you can be sure you are fulfilling your responsibility to find your dog a secure and loving home.