Looking for a yard in Bucks/Middlesex

Palindrome

Visit site
Hello all,

I could really use some help to find a yard in Bucks/Middlesex (am based in Hillingdon) that does grass or DIY livery and has spaces. I have contacted over 15 yards in the area (including going to 10 in person as I did not have the phone number) and they are all full :(
I have recently moved flat and it's a 2 hours round trip (in good weather) to see my mare, I love my previous yard but they don't put out hay for horses or offer services/assistance so am finding it a nightmare with a full time job and worrying about not being able to get there because of the snow.
My mare is happy living out so ideally I am looking for a place where they put out large bales of hay in the field so even if it's not super close to home I know she's happily munching with her buddies. Any ideas?
My other thought is trying to find a full livery but since I can't afford that long term I would prefer not to move her between yards too much. The places I have called/visited didn't have space at all so far anyway.

Thanks for reading this far.

Epona97

Visit site
Littlebourne Farm, Abbeyfields, and Gould's Green are probably the most well-known yards, but there are a number of smaller places around. Lowdham Lodge is a small livery yard, very close to Abbeyfields. As I always say with yards in our area, they are there, you just have to find them!

As for finding somewhere with room for another boarder, I would suggest you go on a waiting list (if they are available) for a few yards because places are in huge demand and they always have been.

Good luck with your yard-hunt :)
-Epona97

Palindrome

Visit site
I know of grass livery nr Aylesbury if this is any use to you? :)

Thanks, unfortunately Aylesbury is as far as my current place (near Oxford).

would Stanmore Common work for you? There's a yard there with vacancies - no idea what it's like though

http://www.stanmoreridingschool.co.uk/livery.asp

Am putting it down the list, a bit far but am starting to get slightly desperate.

In hillingdon there are a couple:
Littlebourne Farm http://www.littlebournefarm.com/
Theres a man that owns a couple of horse fields near allotments near northwood hills station, giving 24/7 turnout,
Ruislip Park Stables http://www.jacksridingstables.co.uk/

Have tried Littlebourne to no avail, had Jacks riding stables down the list and didn't give them a call yet so will do.

Littlebourne Farm, Abbeyfields, and Gould's Green are probably the most well-known yards, but there are a number of smaller places around. Lowdham Lodge is a small livery yard, very close to Abbeyfields. As I always say with yards in our area, they are there, you just have to find them!

As for finding somewhere with room for another boarder, I would suggest you go on a waiting list (if they are available) for a few yards because places are in huge demand and they always have been.

Good luck with your yard-hunt :)
-Epona97

Have tried Littlebourne, Abbeyfields and Gould's Green. Was down at Lowdham Lodge this week end and the lady told me they hadn't had any vacancies for at least 3 years, so they don't even hold a waiting list. Have been inquiring/asking to be on waiting list for Abbeyfields since May 2012 (I live right next door to them). Have hunted yard on googlemaps looking for arenas and that how I managed to locate that many yards and didn't have the numbers, but they are all full and extremely few offer 24/7 turnout.
Thanks for the good luck :)

ellieoos

New User
Visit site
I live in Hayes and keep my horse in dorney. There are plenty of yards in that area and its only about a 20 min drive down the M4 so might be worth looking round there?

Chellery1

Visit site
Hey,

I keep my horse at " the old horse house" on ducks hill road opposite Ruislip lido. Amazing hacking and there are vacancies. Private msg me or the number if you like,

Regards,