Looking for old pony I used to ride - has anyone had any success at with little info?

sandi_84

Visit site
^this^

I'm looking for info on 2 ponies, Bracken and her foal Rose.

When I was a teenager I rode both these ponies and loved Bracken more than life itself. When she was sold on I was devistated but I was allowed to go with her to her new owners house on the day she moved. Her new owners were lovely and had heard how upset I was, they promised to love her as much as I did and gave me a massive tin of sweets.

They were both Highland Ponies around the 14.2hh mark and were Bay in colour. Bracken was sold from Fort Augustus (highlands of scotland) and I'm not sure whether Rose stayed at the yard or not. Rose was 4 when I left so would be around 14-15yo now, not sure how old Bracken would be or even if she is still alive.

cheeryplatypus

Visit site
Definitely ask on the talk highlands forum. Do you know anything else like where they came from first or their highland names? Someone on highland pony talk will probably know but you would have more chance with a picture or highland prefix.
Good luck

sandi_84

Visit site
Definitely ask on the talk highlands forum. Do you know anything else like where they came from first or their highland names? Someone on highland pony talk will probably know but you would have more chance with a picture or highland prefix.
Good luck

Unfortunately I know nothing else about them except that Bracken would spook at a blade of grass and she wouldn't load till I taught her :( I think when I was that age I was just so happy to be around them I learned the basics about the horses in question and just got on with loving them ha ha! I do have an old photo of us after a show, not very flattering to either me or Bracken so I'll see if I can scan it into the pooter and post it... technology stares me in the face again :eek:

Let us know if you find them :)

I will do, thanks for the help guys! :D