Looking for photo of a horse injured by fireworks

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
I'm sorry for the seemingly insensitive question and I hope it doesn't up set anyone who has had a horse injured by fireworks.
Reason I ask is I am in a group trying to get fireworks sales restricted to just certain times of the year and not ALL year due to the distress and injuries caused to man and beasts due to anti social use of fireworks and random letting them off.
Here is what the organiser of the group has posted:

WANTED
a photo of a horse injured because of fireworks.... Must be UK and need to have owners permission to use it.. Sadly the worse the better.

I believe it's for the campaign and will only be used with the owner's permission, can anyone help or would be willing to help?

Oz

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fir...d=570383443113971&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Last edited:

ChwaraeTeg

Visit site
:( My goodness ... I have just googled "fireworks injure horses" , then "images"... there are quite a few graphic photos to be found.
Best of luck with your worthy cause Cremedementhe. My Heroine Margrit Coates is part of it too I believe xx

cremedemonthe

Visit site
:( My goodness ... I have just googled "fireworks injure horses" , then "images"... there are quite a few graphic photos to be found.
Best of luck with your worthy cause Cremedementhe. My Heroine Margrit Coates is part of it too I believe xx

Thank you

Fireworks been going off here every night and as I write, very loud bangs that has scared my dogs, we've had this since middle of October save for about 5 nights, absolutely sick to the back teeth of the noise

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I just had a look amongst my ancient sentimental items folder to see if I had a picture of my first pony who, some 43 years ago now, had a firework placed on his quarters which scorched a line into his fur but luckily did no lasting damage other than making him even more wary about who he allowed into his field. As I recall it the village bobby came round and had a look and it was left with him to deal with. There was some doubt as to whether it was a rocket that was lit as it sat on his backside or whether it was a roman candle type device that was placed there after being lit. There was general bad behaviour going on in the village at that time. The pony had an equally bad-tempered billy goat for a field companion which belonged to the field's owner. One day I went to see the pony, whose field was in an attractive location next to the village playing field and bordered by the river and there was the remains of a bonfire with some rather pleasant smelling roast meat still on the bones around it. And no sign of the goat. I wasn't sad to see the back of the goat, and it was just unfortunate that the next companion obtained was a very outrageous Shitland.

Although I have pictures of the pony, a Highland, there are no pictures remaining of the firework marks.

cremedemonthe

Visit site
I just had a look amongst my ancient sentimental items folder to see if I had a picture of my first pony who, some 43 years ago now, had a firework placed on his quarters which scorched a line into his fur but luckily did no lasting damage other than making him even more wary about who he allowed into his field. As I recall it the village bobby came round and had a look and it was left with him to deal with. There was some doubt as to whether it was a rocket that was lit as it sat on his backside or whether it was a roman candle type device that was placed there after being lit. There was general bad behaviour going on in the village at that time. The pony had an equally bad-tempered billy goat for a field companion which belonged to the field's owner. One day I went to see the pony, whose field was in an attractive location next to the village playing field and bordered by the river and there was the remains of a bonfire with some rather pleasant smelling roast meat still on the bones around it. And no sign of the goat. I wasn't sad to see the back of the goat, and it was just unfortunate that the next companion obtained was a very outrageous Shitland.

Although I have pictures of the pony, a Highland, there are no pictures remaining of the firework marks.

Thanks for replying, sorry to hear about your pony, there really are some scrotes out there