Looking for photos to practie editing

Dizzy socks

Visit site
Hi!

I'm looking for photos to practice editing on, especially black backgrounds, but happy to try anything really if there are specific things anyone would like me to do. Ideally if any photos could be as high quality as possible please.

Thanks,

Dizzy socks

Visit site
Try grabbing images from Google Image search.

What kind of techniques are you trying to learn or improve?

I have been, and guess I'll continue to :)). I'm just looking to keep plugging on really, and more focussed requests I find interesting. I've just switched to photoshop after previously using GIMP, so am figuring it out a bit.

Just take some?

Fair enough. I just thought that because I've previously seen posts asking for headollars to be removed or similar that it might be a two birds one stone situation, and there might be people who'd like things edited but couldn't do it theselves/didn't want to pay.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I posted one of my cob a while ago to see if anyone could photoshop her mane and feathers out so I could see what she would look like hogged etc, I can send you those if that's the sort of thing you are looking for?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Hi!

I'm looking for photos to practice editing on, especially black backgrounds, but happy to try anything really if there are specific things anyone would like me to do. Ideally if any photos could be as high quality as possible please.

Thanks,

I have lots of photos that you could practice on of horses and cats (for some reason ;)) the issue is that the forum only lets me attach photos up to a certain size. I would have to email to get the original size versions to you.

I'd love to have this old pic of my previous anglo done with a black background but it is a scan of an actual photo (pre digital days) so maybe not good enough? ETA - I attached both pics I have of him on this computer for you to look at.

Do you want sunny photos or lower light? I have a nice one of my chestnut gelding but he is back lit so might not work with a black background.

Attachments

• Seamus.jpg
    Seamus.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 5
  • seamusfive.jpg
    seamusfive.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Prince2.jpg
    Prince2.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 3

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I might have something from when a photographer took E's picture to do a black background fine art print. PM me an email address and I'll send something over.

Dizzy socks

Visit site
Hi. I have a photo that might be suitable. It's a picture of my mare taken at home. I'd love it to be on a neutral background, or natural one. Shall I send it to you?

That'd be great, if you can PM it to me?

I have thought of one I would love too. How do I send a big file? Is email better? Shall I PM?

If you PM me it please maybe, then if the quality isn't high enough could try email. thanks!

Have you joined the FB group CCT Photo Edite? People post photos and anyone is free to have a go at editing.

I haven't, but I'll look for that now. Thanks!

Peregrine Falcon asked if anybody could remove flies from a post in the Foal Friday thread.

I had a quick go at it with five minutes of the clone tool in Gimp; you could probably do a better job.

Thank you - I've removed the flies from one of the other photos.

I posted one of my cob a while ago to see if anyone could photoshop her mane and feathers out so I could see what she would look like hogged etc, I can send you those if that's the sort of thing you are looking for?

I could definitely try, although I might struggle a bit.

I have lots of photos that you could practice on of horses and cats (for some reason ;)) the issue is that the forum only lets me attach photos up to a certain size. I would have to email to get the original size versions to you.

I'd love to have this old pic of my previous anglo done with a black background but it is a scan of an actual photo (pre digital days) so maybe not good enough? ETA - I attached both pics I have of him on this computer for you to look at.

Do you want sunny photos or lower light? I have a nice one of my chestnut gelding but he is back lit so might not work with a black background.

I'll PM you my email address, if you think they're of a noticeably higher quality? I think the pic is good enough that I can give a black background a shot :)

I might have something from when a photographer took E's picture to do a black background fine art print. PM me an email address and I'll send something over.

Will do - thank you!

Dizzy socks

Visit site

I had a go quickly:) I can PM you it in better quality, the forum seems to have killed it slightly.Seamus.jpg