Looking for protective jodhpur boots.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I would like to ditch the wellies for the summer and hate my riding boots so thought jodhpurs boots might be the best thing for me.

I've never worn them before and would like some with reinforcement as my boy who is young is just learning about personal space but in the meantime I value my toes.

Can anyone recommend some decent ones that won't break the bank, are comfortable and easy to ride in.

thanks

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Just buy some work boots with steel toe caps. They are cheap & you can get them from most places. Don't go for stuff labelled 'Equestrian' because they'll cost you a premium. Only issue with them is you won't be able to ride in them, toes will be too big but they'll protect your toes. I live in mine in the summer. :)

longdog

Visit site
Don't buy work boots if you need to ride as the soles will be dangerous for riding (deep cleats)
Mountain Horse are the best for comfort. I wouldn't have anything else

dixie

Visit site
I second Equitector for quality boots but also like the KT*Y boots that are usually on Equestrian Clearance. They are cheaper and very comfy.

Love

Visit site
Just a word of warning about the mountain horse ones. My best friend has a pair and absolutely swears by them for both comfort and protection. So thought I would try a pair as it was time for some new boots.
I hated them! Really uncomfortable and heavy and just didn't fit me well at all. They only come in half sizes too for some strange reason (eg 5 and a half, 6 and a half etc - think this may have been the problem for me)

So they are not for everyone!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Any good quality leather jodh boot will give you far more protection on the toes (and the rest of your foot) than wellies or muckers etc OP

Be careful with steel toe caps, some of the cheaper makes can actually cause more problems than you want.

bluehorse

Visit site
I'd recommend these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006PTB568/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They aren't the prettiest but I've been wearing mine over the winter and they've been great, good sole and very robust but perfectly comfortable for riding. They are big though, I'm a small 6 and bought a 5, even those are large so possibly could have got away with a 4. They've only got limited sizes left though by the look of it so not sure if they've got anything in your size.

For everyday boots I'd get them again.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Having looked at all of the boots people have suggested I really like the Equitector ones. They seem to be well made although they are a little more expensive than I was hoping for. Thanks to everyone for your input.

FireFly29

Visit site
I love my Mountain Horse joddie boots with steel toe caps.

These are good, I had them when I worked full time with horses so they got plenty of abuse and they were really comfortable and hard wearing.
I've got a pair of Ariat Heritage steel toe boots now that are really nice, but about £100 so not that cheap.