Looking for reccomendations of where to get made to measure close contact saddle!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Sorry to not answer the question but is there a reason you want made to measure? Buying off the peg has many many advantages, and then you have all the bench made options available - deepening a rear gusset, lengthening a flap etc. All you need then is a good fitter with a brand that may work. Much less risk.

SavingGrace

Visit site
Just have a somewhat rotund HW coloured cob was wondering if getting something made to fit her would be the easier option. The saddle I am borrowing at the moment is my friends retired boys made to measure and i was looking to get something similar made with the addition of knee rolls lol x

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Then if I may can I point you to my colleague Diane Smith at Native Pony - we have two jumping models that work for the wide and flat - www.nativeponysaddles.com. Otherwise a company like Ideal or perhaps Black Country may well have something to suit. Many will recommend Saddle Company but personally I find synthetic trees are not as stable on very wide horses, and they can perch which also means instability. I guess it depends on the fitter.

mga4ever

Visit site
Not sure where abouts you are but I had a saddle made to my exact spec by Rushton saddles and the price was reasonable imho. I had tried about 30 saddles and couldn't find anything to fit both me and ponio.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Would advise Alene at Strilingshire saddle fitters they will template your horse and have a very nice mono block saddle they call the patriot .Pm me if you would like her contact details.