Looking for riding buddy for older horse

PaulineW

Visit site
I’ve been searching for ages for a riding buddy, but have been unsuccessful via Facebook. I have a 25 year old highland, low mileage and does not act her age. She would benefit from regular riding for managing her weight, and just to keep her ticking over.

unfortunately she doesn’t hack alone, so it means I’d have to ride at the same time, which I think is putting people off. Riding would be in the evening during the week, and weekends.

Im in the IV18 postcode if anyone is interested in light hacking once or twice a week. It’s all roadwork but she is very good in traffic, and very safe.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
You're too far from me (all the way down here in North Lanarkshire) but I hope you find someone - I'd be biting your hand off for the opportunity if I lived closer!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I am surprised you can't find anyone I did a similar thing when I got my last horse as he didn't hack well alone, I found a really lovely rider and she still rides him with me 5 years on she schools him beautifully as well.

I hope you find someone soon how about a local saddlery or feed merchant advertising board I found someone else that way as well, the other fmgirl replied to a preloved advert might be worth a try.

PaulineW

Visit site
I am surprised you can't find anyone I did a similar thing when I got my last horse as he didn't hack well alone, I found a really lovely rider and she still rides him with me 5 years on she schools him beautifully as well.

I hope you find someone soon how about a local saddlery or feed merchant advertising board I found someone else that way as well, the other fmgirl replied to a preloved advert might be worth a try.
Surprising, isn’t it? Advertised since early May, had a few interested parties, but most lived so far away it wasn’t feasible.