Looking for some hacking company in Colchester area

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
I moved into Colchester with my horses about 6 months ago and am looking for some hacking company. Not being on livery yard I am missing having a chat and a laugh whilst out riding. :(

Both my horses are fantastic out and about with other horses and we would love to have some company!

caramel

Visit site
Not far at all from us! I would happily but horse is only just coming back into work, and is doing 10 mins of walk daily.

Will keep an ear open. If I hear of anyone will let you know x

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
Thanks Caramel, Mine are pretty much on hols at the moment. I work full time and the days just aren't long enough at the mo. I am desperate to start doing things again now we are passed the shortest day and hopefully we will start getting more light. OH works shifts too so its nice to have something for me to do!

amc

Visit site
Your quite away from us but you're not too far from wix equestrian, they have a fabby XC course and a great farm ride, also stick a card on their board to see if there is anyone local to you who fancies a hack out, good luck & if you ever come to Mersea let me know ! x

caramel

Visit site
that's a idea! happy to box up to wix in the summer months to go for a wander :) I know that's a long way away but the farm ride's not open all year round.

Sportyspots

Visit site
Hi I'm prob within hacking distance (the bridle path at the church comes out opposite my yard) plus if you need lift to Wix or anywhere else always have space in lorry, will pm you my details

amc

Visit site
Hi I'm prob within hacking distance (the bridle path at the church comes out opposite my yard) plus if you need lift to Wix or anywhere else always have space in lorry, will pm you my details

How lovely of you, I was going to suggest that the OP contact Maningtree Horsebox Hire if she didn't have transport as I have always found them to be excellent in all ways ........

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site

Thank you! Thats very kind of you. You guys on here have made me feel very welcome - looking forward to getting my boys back in work now and doing some riding :) Was starting to feel a bit low about not riding and having nowhere to go etc but feel positive again!

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
Do you guys get hay and straw as part of your livery or is there a good supplier locally? I have seen it advertised in Abberton and Langenhoe on my way through to work so will give them a call but if there is someone you recomend that would be helpful too.

amc

Visit site
Where do you work as I'm in Mersea & we have some decent meadow hay if you'd like to take a bale or 2 to try ? we don't use straw but will ask some of the other Mersea girls who do how much they pay
X

Sportyspots

Visit site
At work so not keeping up with conversation very well but big vote for a HHO meet at Wix. Not much use for this year but my brother farms/contract work cutting baling hay etc so knows where to buy hay/straw off field. I paid £2.50 for small bales hay and same for large round bales straw this year.
Hacking my side of A133 not great but more than made up for by several great RCs in area, highly recommend THRC clinics plus CVRC camp in August, am booked on THRC camp in March so apart from potentially freezing in lorry will hopefully be as good.

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
Thats a fab price for hay, I have found that haylage has been cheaper this year which seems daft to me.

My 2 boys aren't up to competitions etc anymore just enjoy a nice hack or sponsered ride. TJ is 14.1 and have had him 15 years - did all my PC stuff as a kid on him but love getting on for old times sake! Ozzie is 16.2 ex P2P and isn't quite sound (in no pain at all but not level) so he just enjoys getting out and about now. Would love to get back into doing clinics etc one day if/when I have a different mount.

Bangagin

Visit site
Did you used to keep TJ at Wash Farm some years ago by any chance? I used to know someone with a pony there called TJ who had stringhalt??