Looking for some help/advice

SharonG

New User
Visit site
I have a 7 year old that has recently started riding lessons. She’s is extremely enthusiastic and wants to learn everything there is to learn about looking after a pony/horse, the problem is how do I go about finding someone to help her. She is willing to do absolutely anything and everything to do with horses. She isn’t looking to ride just to help look after a horse. She has the complete support of her parents. And is desperate to learn can anyone help please.

alibali

Visit site
Riding schools often do 'own your pony for a day' during school holidays which is a good introduction to husbandry side of things.

Other than that a more specific location would be useful as facilities will vary from area to area.

Edited to add I learned a lot of the theory from books before I ever got the chance to put it into practice so getting hold of some age appropriate books would also be a good start.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Wardhouse near Kilbarchan and think there is another one that direction Fordbank or something similar but I dont have any info about either as been a few decades since lived that area so my knowledge is well out of date

Caol Ila

Visit site
I think Easterton in Milngavie do 'learn how to care for your horse' stuff. I'm a livery there, but I'm not that switched on to what goes on in the riding school, but I think that's a thing.