Looking for yard in Essex

Nats_uk

Visit site
Please help - my friend is looking for a yard in Essex

Ideally assisted livery at a small yard, or full if it’s not more than £100/week. Within 15 mins drive of Wickford. Must have a school, access to hacking and year round turnout.

Any ideas?

YasandCrystal

Visit site
There are many around Hanningfield and Rettendon and a couple in Rayleigh. Sorry I am Colchester way and it was years ago and a few friends are at yards around there. I can try and get some names but if you google for yards in the places I have mentionned and Runningwell (there is a riding stables//livery at Runningwell with good facilities).

Hacking is pretty good around Hanningfield/Rettendon. There is also Woodham Ferrers and South Woodham Ferrers :) Hope this is a starter for you :)

Nats_uk

Visit site
There are many around Hanningfield and Rettendon and a couple in Rayleigh. Sorry I am Colchester way and it was years ago and a few friends are at yards around there. I can try and get some names but if you google for yards in the places I have mentionned and Runningwell (there is a riding stables//livery at Runningwell with good facilities).

Hacking is pretty good around Hanningfield/Rettendon. There is also Woodham Ferrers and South Woodham Ferrers :) Hope this is a starter for you :)

My friend is already in a yard in Ramsden but she can't seem to find any advertised especially ones that might offer services.
If you could get some names that would be great. Thanks.

Shipley

Visit site
Friend was stabled that way and really struggled re yard and ended up with more of a comute not much help as I am noth essex too but hopefully will bump up the list for you

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Right here are 2 to try to start with :

Address: Hill Farm, Pan Lane, Chelmsford, Essex CM3 8BJPostcode: CM3 8BJCity/Town: East Hanningfield, Chelmsford (Essex)Main phone: 01245 400115

Don't be out off that Runnningwell is a riding school and looks big as the livery yard is to one side as far as I remember and there is great riding and 2 indoor schools as well as an outdoor one: You need to check if they do DIY/assissted livery

Telephone: 01268 711221
Email: info@runningwell.co.uk

Warren Road, Rettendon, Chelmsford, Essex CM3 8DG

I will text friends for more :)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
One in Wickford;

Rawreth Equestrian Centre
Old Burrels
Church Road
Rawreth
Wickford
Essex
SS11 8SH

Telephone:

Longwood Eq Centre - Basildon:

(Office Hours) Centre - 01268 541177 - 01702 202520

NW1

Visit site
Go to Chalk street in hanningfield (type in google) 2 yards up there that dont advertise.

1 called Westlands at the top of the hill - very good facilities & all year individual turn out for DIY & liveries, 2 menages, walker & lunge arena. (This is my old yard - a couple of people at my yard live in wickford, i was told it was the best yard which was closest)

about half way down the hill i thinik there is 'Staceys' - i've not been there, so not sure on facilities but the two yards are friendly and give good perceptions of each other.

Its worth just having a jolly out to them to have a look, like i said their both friendly & welcoming.

also hacking (fields behind 'car boot sale') across the road goes on for hours and has that grass area around the edge of farmers fields (not too sure what thats called specifically). It goes all the way to South Woodham - to give you an idea of area!!

Last edited:

NW1

Visit site
Go to Chalk street in hanningfield (type in google) 2 yards up there that dont advertise.

1 called Westlands at the top of the hill - very good facilities & all year individual turn out for DIY & liveries, 2 menages, walker & lunge arena. (This is my old yard - a couple of people at my yard live in wickford, i was told it was the best yard which was closest)

about half way down the hill i thinik there is 'Staceys' - i've not been there, so not sure on facilities but the two yards are friendly and give good perceptions of each other.

Its worth just having a jolly out to them to have a look, like i said their both friendly & welcoming.

also hacking (fields behind 'car boot sale') across the road goes on for hours and has that grass area around the edge of farmers fields (not too sure what thats called specifically). It goes all the way to South Woodham - to give you an idea of area!!

***sorry type in Google - Chalk street, chelmsford - think its CM3***