Looking on the positive side..............horse now up for loan.......

Halfpass

Visit site
I have now decided not to sell my horse and to put him out on loan instead. I never really wanted to sell him but couldn't afford a new one without. Now I need to have some time off of riding because of a back problem I can use that time to save the money to buy another one. Have put an advert in horsemart for my horse and have people looking at him everyday this week. My idea had been to see as many poeple as poss over the next few weeks and get the best to come back and hack him out then go and visit yards and get references etc and pick the best one from there. Does this sound too picky?
I am so down
frown.gif
because of not being able to ride for a while but I'm trying to be positive as it could really be the answer to all my problems. Things really do happen for a reason!!
grin.gif

Can anyone give me advise on loaning out a horse?
I am writing something down about each person that comes so that I can remember each one, i'm going to get references (at least 2 horsey ones) and get a good contract written up? Where to these contracts stand legally? Should i get it seen by a solicitor? How piccy can I be on care of my boy etc can I dictate when farrier / saddler and physio etc come? I'm new to all this so any advice would be much appreciated.

Alibear

Visit site
Hi

I presume you have seen the exmple contract on the BHS website? Thats a really good starting point and the other recommended thing is to loan him to somewhere that you or a friend can visit regularaly and occasionally unannounced just to keep and eye on him. (Even if it's a drive by the field).

Good luck.

Oh you can be as picky as you want as long as you get someone to agree to it all
grin.gif