Looking to rehome a dog help wanted please.

Goya

Visit site
I'm looking for another dog. A collie/collie x/ Lab/ lab x./ or similar.Not too old. Must be able to live with 2 other dogs. I only work 3 times a week for 4 hours each time so am "at home" most of the time. I will be teaching the dog obedience (obviously) and agility and flyball as well as being a family dog.Lots of country walks.
I keep looking on the website of my nearest rehomomng centre and everytime I find one who looks suitable I ring, only to find it has already been reserved.
Can anyone help/advise please? I don't have time to just keep visiting these places.

Liz_Clark

Visit site
Hi

I'm looking for a dog too... and was recomended Labrador Retriever Rescue. I don't know where you are, but if you google it, (or 'collie rescue' etc,) then the nearest branch comes up. The way they do it, is you fill in a form and register with them, so then they know what you're after when the dogs come to them. They then contact you when suitable ones become available.

Hope this helps

Goya

Visit site
Blue Bear-I've been looking at Wood Green,and my local "stray"homes (Northamptonshire).I also look on my Flyball website but they are all much to far away. I realise that more than one visit will be needed, especially to introduce my 2 to the new dog so it's pointless going miles away.
Liz_Clark-thanks for that idea. I will try that avenue.
Marley and darcy--Thank you also. I have looked but these are all too far away. there were one or two dogs which looked suitable but for the reasons above it would not be viable to go any further with that avenue.
I really appreciate everyone's help.
Thank you.

KarynK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for another dog. A collie/collie x/ Lab/ lab x./ or similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about one of these, bit different collies on steriods!!
http://www.acdsocietyofgb.com/AvailableRescue.htm

Talk to Stella, if you are interested, she is in Berkshire but the dogs are often with breeders over the country. She does agility working trials with her home breds, http://www.oakwoodparkkennels.co.uk/acds.htm
I got my 2 from her as she runs the breed rescue.

Oliver76

Visit site
Hi

I have a lab that i am very reluctantly thinking of re-homing, my personal situation has changed, but would only rehome him if he would have a better quality of life than with me.

If you are interested please email me and i can give you more details about him.

Thanks