Loose pony, and stranger to the rescue!

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
Although she will probably never read this, I just want to thank the lovely lady who was out jogging on Latchmore, and helped me catch my daughter's pony today.

My daughter was trotting along when suddenly a huge herd of deer that were lying hidden in the bracken, leapt to their feet all around her - her poor pony was terrified, and spun in tiny circles doing massive corkscrew bucks. My daughter managed to sit about 10, but then was so weak and dizzy she fell off, and her pony bolted in panic.
Once I could see she was ok, I had to chase after the pony on my bike - not easy as it was so wet and boggy. The lovely lady out jogging saw what was happening and offered to help, she raced off after the pony, ploughing through the mud and leaping ditches, I puffed along behind on my bike, and eventually she managed to get through some gorse bushes and get infront and stop the pony so we could catch him before he got to the road.

Anyway, this is just a HUGE, heartfelt thank you to the poor lady who got much more of a work out than she intended, and ended up covered in mud too!

Thankfully my daughter and her pony are ok - never a dull moment!!!! :eek:

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh goad, what a horrible experience, glad pony and daughter are ok! Bet you need a big glass of wine now? What a lovely lady to help out though.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
Thank heavens for strangers eh :eek:

Glad to hear your daughter and the pony are both ok after their frightening experience

Things like this restore your faith in human nature :D

Boxers

Visit site
That's great - I'[m glad everyone was ok.

Do you hae a local paper? You could put a small notice in there on the announcement page thanking her.