lorry breakdown cover

parsley

Visit site
can anyone give me any recommendations and indications as to price? I am definately going to get cover for my lorry - am insured with the NFU and will ring them tommorow but was just wondering in the meantime if there was anyone better/cheaper!
grin.gif

parsley

Visit site
Thanks - I drove it for the first time today!
grin.gif
grin.gif
I was a bit white knuckles and wide staring eyes for a while (I didn't have any horses in there) but apart from scrubbing the tyres around the curb of a roundabout it was actually OK
grin.gif

I have to try and put some diesel in it tommorow
shocked.gif

spooks

Visit site
oh heck lol hope it isnt like mine ! apparently they have to have a locking fuel cap nowadays and mine is 'locked' with jubilee thingies so before i can fill it up i have to loosen the cap with a screwdriver!! lol, i get some funny looks in the petrol station i can tell u!!!!

RobinHood

Visit site
Just make sure you check the small print for any horsebox breakdown cover. Some friends of mine had breakdown cover but when they broke down it turned out that the company didn't provide transport for the horses, so the horses had to stay in the lorry whilst it was towed with the back wheels up on a flatbed. Both horses on board went down repeatedly and one of the horses has refused to load/travel ever since. You need to be sure that you will be provided with a trailer/lorry to safely travel your horses in case of a breakdown, leaving them in the lorry on a flatbed just will not do.