Lorry Recommendations please..

Chumsmum

Visit site
Hi. I'm hoping you might be able to help a friend. Due to sad circumstances she looking to change her lorry.
She is looking for a lorry to carry 2 x 17.2HH horses with day living and tack locker.
She currently has a Leyland Daf 145 L reg 3 x horse, under 7.5 Ton, immaculate condition, garaged since new, luxury living, sleeps 4, new lorry build 8 years ago.
I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a smaller lorry and also if there is anywhere reputable companies that do exchanges?? Many thanks for any advice
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
She should keep the ones she's got. You wont get a 3.5t to take 2 17.2hh so unless she wants a shorter/cheaper or newer lorry she'll be better off sticking with hers.

Nic

Visit site
Or Ford Cargo!

(also bitter,twisted & best ignored!)
crazy.gif

*Cough* I know of a very good Volvo for sale though*cough*
tongue.gif

OWLIE185

Visit site
The big issue at the moment is the fact that most 7.5 ton horseboxes when loaded up weigh more than 7.5 tons. The vehicle inspectorate will next year start checking lorries as they enter and leave showgrounds with their mobile weighbridge and issue fines and driving licence endorsements to drivers of these vehicles. (See last weeks Horse and Hounds). If you need any more assistance contact me on peter.natt@btinternet.com.