Lorry tracker...anyone got one? Opinions?

catembi

Visit site
Following a recent snooping incident, I am seriously considering getting a tracker for my box. Are they worth it? Do the police actually try to retrieve stolen vehicles or shrug their shoulders and give a crime reference no? Any brands to go for or avoid?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If your vehicle has a tracker you would contact the company & have it activated. Once activated the various traffic cars that police forces have have a device on board that will pick up the signal if they are within a certain distance & they will then track it down. No all police vehicles have the device though, I supose it's down to cost.

DirectorFury

Visit site
This is about my Defender, not a lorry, but pretty similar :p.

I spoke to the guy who runs LRD Security and he recommended this tracker: https://www.landroverdefendersecuri...nt-security/products/tracker-retrieve-tracker
It's (thankfully) not been tested in a real situation yet but we've done some testing at home and it looks good! The real problem is finding somewhere on the vehicle to hide it but a lorry should have more nooks and crannies than a Landy :).

tda

Visit site
Tbh I wouldn't bother. Not a horsebox but a Wagon loaded with a Forklift truck, stolen from our work premises, tracker showed the police where it was, on a small industrial estate, they said they couldn't accuse all of the occupants 🤔😐😐 not followed up at all