Losing Hope- please offer any advice

mazsullivan

Visit site
The viewing i had Sunday has fallen through and the pony has been sold. i feel so sick for some reason; im really losing hope and wondering if i’ll ever find anything with our budget and situation. it feels like there is always someone who is wealthier, better and can view a pony when ever they feel like it. its honestly so disheartening and frustrating and im so so sad. can someone please offer some kind advice i need a comforting word. thanks so much

Visit site
I think it’s a very difficult time to buy, horses are selling so fast everywhere, there is a lot more people horse hunting than usual.

Unfortunately, in this market it is act quick, view fast, deposit down subject to viewing and get your vetting done fast.

I would hate to be horse hunting currently, the market is crazy (it’s just as mad over here and we have a lot of very broken horses up for sale for huge sums too!).

Hope you get sorted soon. x

mazsullivan

Visit site
I think it’s a very difficult time to buy, horses are selling so fast everywhere, there is a lot more people horse hunting than usual.

Unfortunately, in this market it is act quick, view fast, deposit down subject to viewing and get your vetting done fast.

I would hate to be horse hunting currently, the market is crazy (it’s just as mad over here and we have a lot of very broken horses up for sale for huge sums too!).

Hope you get sorted soon. x

i know it’s awful i just want to get it over and done with so i can be out of the mass of people searching for their horse. thanks for the advice; that would generally be my ‘go to’ method for viewing a horse anyway however i’m relying on my dad to take me to viewings and he is so so slow. thank you xx

millikins

Visit site
It's very tough at the moment. Could you find a reputable dealer so that you could view 2 or 3 on the same day? No idea what you are looking for but if it's general riding horse/pony suitable as an all rounder it might be feasible.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Try a wanted advert, you can often catch a horse who has not yet been put up for sale.

mazsullivan

Visit site
Try a wanted advert, you can often catch a horse who has not yet been put up for sale.

thanks for replying everyone. i have tried multiple wanted ads on facebook but none have yet to come to fruition. would you recommend putting one on HorseQuest?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
thanks for replying everyone. i have tried multiple wanted ads on facebook but none have yet to come to fruition. would you recommend putting one on HorseQuest?

No, on preloved free if already a member £5 otherwise, horsemart £5 and dragondriving (If you are happy to sift rubbish to spot the gem) £5.

Be very precise about what you want.

muddybay

Visit site
When I was looking I phoned some local dealers and got viewings on horses before they'd been put officially up for sale. Maybe try that

Reactions: JJS

mazsullivan

Visit site
To be honest I'd wait. I think the market will settle down again before too long.

i’m really praying that it does because i would love to find one this summer so we can get out competing otherwise the summer will be wasted. i was looking last winter too and there were so many i remember it so clearly and now it’s so rare to find one that is fairly priced. any chance anyone has a 14hh-14.2hh for sale?

littleshetland

Visit site
You have to be a bit philosophical about this I think. Really important things in life, like life partners, houses, jobs and friends - things that are absolutely fundamental to our lives are very much subject to fate. Horses are definitely included on this list! If you didn't get the one that you really wanted, in spite of your best efforts, it wasn't meant to be. The one you're meant to have will come your way soon. Good luck in your search!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
We looked for a year and found one that ticked all the boxes. Fairly high 4 figures and only young. Had name down early and 'reminded' seller often. got first dibs on this one and he's turning out great.
Be prepared to travel, try, vet and not mess about. Can recommend this seller 100% as straight.

mazsullivan

Visit site
You have to be a bit philosophical about this I think. Really important things in life, like life partners, houses, jobs and friends - things that are absolutely fundamental to our lives are very much subject to fate. Horses are definitely included on this list! If you didn't get the one that you really wanted, in spite of your best efforts, it wasn't meant to be. The one you're meant to have will come your way soon. Good luck in your search!

very true and something i have to keep reminding myself! thank you :))

mazsullivan

Visit site
OP, maybe detail what you’re looking for on this thread, you just never know, someone might know of a potentially suitable four legged friend.

good idea;
-14hh- 14.2hh
-must be a gelding as he will be living with my other two geldings
-at least 6 (5 at a push) as i am looking to compete and do pony club etc so not really looking for something to bring on
-obviously it would be great if the pony had plenty of scope, a good jump, a lovely temperament and was able to file its own hooves! however in today’s market i know that is unrealistic
- budget is around £5k
any help would be much much appreciated
(please text 07486612690 if you know of anything :) )

I'm Dun

Visit site
I think budget is going to be your issue. I just sold what your looking for except a mare, quite green with jumping and with a health issue that needs very careful management. I sold her for 4k and could have sold her ten times over. Without the health issue in the current market Id have asked 7k and got it.

mazsullivan

Visit site
I think budget is going to be your issue. I just sold what your looking for except a mare, quite green with jumping and with a health issue that needs very careful management. I sold her for 4k and could have sold her ten times over. Without the health issue in the current market Id have asked 7k and got it.

yeah true except i’m not paying myself and my dad works so incredibly hard for the money and i’m not able to just increase my budget for even the most perfect pony. i do think that horses are finally being sold for the prices they’re worth however i’ve seen some that have multiple health issues, buck, rear and are green as grass and still are trying to be sold for over 4k it’s insane at the moment. i really do hope the market calms down soon

millikins

Visit site
There's a 14.1hh Welsh D on NFED for 4.5K who looks nice. Sounds like a typical Welshie, as in not the easiest but he ticks all your requirements. He's in Cullompton, you're probably in Cumbria!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Shame I have a pony close to some of your requirements but wrong sex. Whereabouts are you and how far are you willing to travel? I can keep my ears/eyes open round here. NFED is a great resource down here.

mazsullivan

Visit site
Shame I have a pony close to some of your requirements but wrong sex. Whereabouts are you and how far are you willing to travel? I can keep my ears/eyes open round here. NFED is a great resource down here.

we would consider a mare; the reason we would prefer a gelding is because at the moment he would have to live out with my other two however, we could possibly find a stable for a mare? we are in south wales and would travel about an hour and half (maybe 2 at a push) as my dad is not a huge fan of driving miles and miles away. i have found a few on NFED actually so thank you :)

PurBee

Visit site
Ive always regretted rushing to buy big purchases….from cars/horses/pets all the way up to houses - those purchases i felt rushed, always ended up being less than ideal. Whenever ive been patient, just bide my time, no desperation…as if by magic, the perfect thing turned up for sale.

Its been a very costly lesson to learn patience, but worth it! Never rush…never allow yourself to feel rushed…take your time…even stop looking for a while….the most ideal one will absolutely come into your life.

It‘s a weird dichotomy of life…to achieve the most ideal thing we want, we have to kinda let go of wanting it…then bam…you see for sale the exact thing you were looking for!

Last year, the idea of a rare old classic car of a specific type and even rarer colour was in my mind. I looked around, couldnt find anything. Not many exported to my country either so rare to find here, thought id have to import one. Found some similar ones but not really what I had in mind. Stopped looking, let the idea go….focused instead on other stuff of life for a couple of months then bam! Local ads site i was looking at horses, then did a car search out of the blue, 40 mins away the exact car, exact colour and exact year was being sold for a stupidly cheap price!! It was insane how perfectly It filled all the criteria! Even had a favourite cd of mine left in the cd player! Lol
12 months later its mostly been under a tarp due to covid, and its worth double what i paid ?

Your perfect pony is waiting for you…you’ve just got to focus on other things, have patience, and the pony will come to you!
Fingers crossed for you ??

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
There are three horses up for sale at our yard…a showjumping mare been up for just over a month..no takers yet…and she is a nice horse. A warm blood gelding up for a week…not much interest and coming up a Welsh cross gelding…perhaps the Scottish market is quieter and will pick after this week when schools finish. Don’t lose hope the right one for you will be there….somewhere…..

mazsullivan

Visit site
Ive always regretted rushing to buy big purchases….from cars/horses/pets all the way up to houses - those purchases i felt rushed, always ended up being less than ideal. Whenever ive been patient, just bide my time, no desperation…as if by magic, the perfect thing turned up for sale.

Its been a very costly lesson to learn patience, but worth it! Never rush…never allow yourself to feel rushed…take your time…even stop looking for a while….the most ideal one will absolutely come into your life.

It‘s a weird dichotomy of life…to achieve the most ideal thing we want, we have to kinda let go of wanting it…then bam…you see for sale the exact thing you were looking for!

Last year, the idea of a rare old classic car of a specific type and even rarer colour was in my mind. I looked around, couldnt find anything. Not many exported to my country either so rare to find here, thought id have to import one. Found some similar ones but not really what I had in mind. Stopped looking, let the idea go….focused instead on other stuff of life for a couple of months then bam! Local ads site i was looking at horses, then did a car search out of the blue, 40 mins away the exact car, exact colour and exact year was being sold for a stupidly cheap price!! It was insane how perfectly It filled all the criteria! Even had a favourite cd of mine left in the cd player! Lol
12 months later its mostly been under a tarp due to covid, and its worth double what i paid ?

Your perfect pony is waiting for you…you’ve just got to focus on other things, have patience, and the pony will come to you!
Fingers crossed for you ??

thank you so much! patience is definitely a hard lesson to learn but i feel you’re right. i’m going to a horse auction today (not really looking to buy just looking around) and i think i’m going to take your advice and let the idea go for a while and hope that something comes to me instead. thank you :))

mazsullivan

Visit site
There are three horses up for sale at our yard…a showjumping mare been up for just over a month..no takers yet…and she is a nice horse. A warm blood gelding up for a week…not much interest and coming up a Welsh cross gelding…perhaps the Scottish market is quieter and will pick after this week when schools finish. Don’t lose hope the right one for you will be there….somewhere…..

yes maybe; i’ve seen quite a few that would be perfect but are in scotland (6 hours away). thank you :) x

Ambers Echo

Visit site
When I was looking I realised quickly that browsing ads on a Monday to view the following weekend was just not going to work. So I booked time off/friends to come with on specific days and then looked at ads 2-3 days before so I could ring, discuss, view and potentially buy super quickly. In the end Scarlett came along but it was a pretty efficient system and saved the stress of seeing a horse I liked then having to scramble a plan together quickly.