Loss of use?

Eliza120280

Visit site
How many of you insure for loss of use? I am just shopping round for insurance and I arent sure whether to include this or not - I know there was a very similar post a week or so ago but I cant find it. Petplan offer either no loss of use, 60% or 100% - what do you guys recommend? And how much third party liability do you have - to cover for all those people that like suing others!!! Thanks! x

pottamus

Visit site
I am with NFU and they offer a standard amount on third party...not sure of the amount but enough to cover me in the unfortunate event!!! I do insure for loss of use because I would not have the money to buy another horse if anything happened to mine. And whilst I would never sell my horse even if he had to be a companion, I would want another to ride.

spooks

Visit site
i have loss of use on both mine to for the same reasons as pottamus..i was with petplan originally and could only have 60% as pony is a mare and could be bred from! had she of been a he i could have had 100%. i now have both with SEIB and have 100% on both as when i mentioned the mare thing the woman i spoke to said but you might not want to breed from her, which i dont ,one cheeky welshie is enough thankyou!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
our horses are with petplan and one had LOU in the policy and the other one we claimed LOU 4 years ago and we got 100% back, which was needed to but me another one. However petplan have said we can only get 3rd party insurance for her!

Louby

Visit site
Ive got LOU too with NFU and they pay 100% but Im considering not having it as it is expensive. My horse is now worth more than he is insured for and LOU was there for me to be able to keep him and buy another if god forbid anything happened but I really dont think I could afford to keep two so Im wondering if its worth it.

Claireg9

Visit site
I have loss of use... having claimed twice for it on two different occassions i wouldnt be without it.
and they were both mares, so much can go wrong!!!

Snowberry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am with carriage house. Loss of use, vets fees, theft/death etc costs me just 136 quid a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG mine costs me £50 per month - he's only insured for £2.5k, LOU inc!!!!

Parkranger

Visit site
I haven't insured for loss of use - just seems alot of money that you could save every month if something should happen.

apparently it's quite hard to get them to pay out for loss of use too so not really worth the money unless you're insuring a £10k eventer....only my opinion though.