Lost my 2 lovely dogs to bravecto

Nativelover

Visit site
Within the space of a week we have lost our beloved westies Maxy and Milo. They were old at 13 but feel that it's worth a warning to other unsuspecting dog owners.
We have cats and live in a rural environment so fleas and ticks are something we have to deal with.
The vets we used prescribed Bravecto and it worked well. However there are increasing numbers of cases involving organ failure after using this drug.
This has happened to both our dogs, exactly the same way. I want owners to question their vets if it's prescribed as it seems only young healthy dogs can metabolise this drug without any side effects.

Moobli

Visit site
How awful :( I am so sorry to hear about your Westies. You must be devastated. Did your vets confirm it was the Bravecto that caused the deaths?

A friend uses this for her collie as they live in a high tick area.

Nativelover

Visit site
The vets have the same suspicions (different vets), but without a full PM they can't state it was solely the Bravecto. But what we actually believe has happened is that it's exacerbated any underlying health issues, and that it should be used with caution in older dogs.

We are devastated, and feel very guilty for giving it to them. X

fankino04

Visit site
That's truly aweful, thanks for the warning. You really have nothing to feel guilty for, you trusted your vet, it's what we all do, I have suspicions that my girl was misdiagnosed by a vet and that the thyroxin caused an issue in her heart and caused her death and felt guilty for a long time for not questioning the vet more or getting a second opinion but it doesn't change anything and much like if we go to hospital we have to trust the people who have the training in these areas. Sending big hugs xxx

Nativelover

Visit site

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Within the space of a week we have lost our beloved westies Maxy and Milo. They were old at 13 but feel that it's worth a warning to other unsuspecting dog owners.
We have cats and live in a rural environment so fleas and ticks are something we have to deal with.
The vets we used prescribed Bravecto and it worked well. However there are increasing numbers of cases involving organ failure after using this drug.
This has happened to both our dogs, exactly the same way. I want owners to question their vets if it's prescribed as it seems only young healthy dogs can metabolise this drug without any side effects.
sorry to hear of your losses :(

missmatch

Visit site
There is a Facebook group with over 32,000 members regarding bravecto ��
You did what you thought was the right thing for your dogs.

Huge hugs to you x