Lost my horse today

badgerdog

Visit site
I lost my oldster today (the one on my siggy) He had been in good health until late September when he got laminitis for the first time in his life (he was 24) After recovering from that he got abcesses in his feet which he couldn't get rid of. In just a few weeks he rapidly went downhill and the vet suspected Cushings.
I had him PTS this morning. He had an injection from the vet and it was peaceful and dignified. He is now at a crematorium in Durham.
He was my horse of a lifetime and the only horse I've dared do an open cross country on.
RIP Raymond, I'll never forget you.

Mudsplasher

Visit site
Very sad . RIP Raymond
frown.gif

lochpearl

Visit site
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ruth_Cymru

Visit site
I'm so sorry for you, my situation is almost exactly like yours, I have a 26yr old and I'm waiting for results to see if he has cushings, it's a nightmare, and I know the confusion, sadness and heartache you are feeling x x

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
You were very brave to do this, and it has to be the very worst side to having horses. I am on the verge of calling it a day with one of ours. She has given us eight fabulous years but has been a Cushing's victim now for too long. It's a rotten thing to happen to a faithful and true friend, so I guess it's the one service we MUST face up to for all the wonderful memories they have been fundamental to.

R.I.P Raymond - and a big (((hug))) to you.