Lost my soulmate this evening

Shantor1

Visit site
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/SHANTOR1/Shandy_3.jpg

WebShandy.jpg

I lost my soulmate of 31 years, Shandy tonight. He collapsed in his stable very suddenly, no warning. He couldn't get up, he was 36, so I had him put down with me holding him to the end. He came into my life when I was going through a bad time and leaves me sad but a whole lot stronger.

For all horse owners and lovers out there - hug your horse every day and cherish them. You never know when they may suddenly leave them.

sallypops

Visit site
i always wanna cry when i read these posts, i dunno what i would do if any of my animals left me
frown.gif

huge hugs for u xxxxxxxxxxx RIP gorgeous man

rafi

Visit site
So sorry to hear your lost but what a gift that he came into your life and gave you joy...I hope you dream tonight about the fanastic memories you had together and take comfort that you were with him by his side until the end..best friends forever..

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
So sorry to hear about your loss, but having a horse in your life for so long is such a good thing, he died at home and with a person he knew cared about him, the best end he could have had.

Natch

Visit site
Oh no so sorry to hear that. I am a firm believer that sometimes horses come into our lives for a reason, and I am also a firm believer that they go to a lovely place. Whatever you believe at least he had a quick ending with you x

Nickijem

Visit site
I'm so sorry. Take comfort in the fact you were there for him at the end like he was there for you when you needed him.
RIP Shandy
He was beautiful

Jericho

Visit site
He's one handsome boy! And he was lucky to have a home with someone who cared for him so much for so long! RIP boy, have fun in heaven

Eaglestone

Visit site
I am in floods of tears reading this, thinking of you and Shandy and thank you so much for sharing this with us .... and I do tell my old boy every night how much I love him and will do so even more now.

RIP Shandy ... and <<<<< hugs for you >>>>>>

appyjude

Visit site
Sent to me when I lost my boy last year......RIP Shandy with Beege at Rainbow Bridge...xxx

Where To Bury A horse

If you bury him in this spot,
the secret of which you must already have,
he will come to you when you call.
Come to you over the far, dim pastures of death,
And though you ride other living horses thru life,
they shall not shy at him, nor resent him coming.
For he is yours and he belongs

People may scoff at you,
Who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall,
Who hear no nicker, pitched too fine for insensitive ears,
those people who may never really love a horse.
Smile at them, for you know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth knowing.

The one place to bury a horse ...is in the heart of it's master.

jenbleep

Visit site
so sorry
frown.gif
frown.gif
RIP to your special boy

this post made me cry - after the day I had with F i left the yard really stressed, I must remember to never leave him (or any horse that is really important to me) 'on an argument' and charish the time we have together
frown.gif
frown.gif

blub

Llwyncwn

Visit site
I am so very sorry for your loss, what a beautiful boy. You were lucky to have each other all these years and to spend the end together ~ not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to say goodbye.

Sending mega positive healing vibes to you. RIP Shandy.