Lottery Funding!

For WOMEN - most LOVED

• Total voters

demia8

Visit site
The lottery fund BE junior team which is fab, but, do you feel that the money should be spent in other areas of our industry? Do the rider's who receive the money really need it?

I'd love to hear your opinions.

Nic

Visit site
I know of one eventer who received lottery funding of 2k, they certainly didn't need it and gave the impression that they were less than impressed.
crazy.gif

Nic

Visit site
I think the problem can be that to be that good at that age you have to have the horses and training which all cost money. Lots of it. So is lottery funding going to the most talented and not just the semi-talented with money?

*ducks as things fly at her head!*
blush.gif

scs

Visit site
I have been to watch my horse on the lottery funded World Potential riders program and thought it was a very good thing. lots of veterinary backup to help riders keep their horses right long term, great trainers, and they look after the owners really well on training days and make you feel valued! And riders can get help buying things to help them with their training. I think as long as they reassess riders on the schemes regularly - which they do - it is a great help to many riders who really struggle to keep going. Of course, there may be some who dont need the money - but I think they are probably few and far between...

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I think alot of money is thrown at those who really don't need it.
When you look at football, they get funding for academies young, kids get an equal chance because it doesnt cost a fortune to learn how to play footie.
The problem is that it costs a fortune to learn how to ride, and there are probably thousands of kids who could be the next Pippa Funnel or William Fox Pitt but will never have the chance as their parents cannot afford for them to ride. The only way to change that is to offer riding lessons to all at affordable prices, and instead the industry is going the other way, offering to less people for more money. So the only people who will get lottery funding are those who could afford it in the first place.