Lottie's reading...

Stasha22

Visit site
Have had my mares reading come through. This is what she said:

"I used to be a champion, but I got too tired." She looks as though she is racing over hurdles and fields. There are jockeys in colours and cheering crowds. The races look like smaller scale point-to-points than big race meetings.

She complains that her grazing has been restricted, she likes eating really lush fields and garden lawns! She adds, "I used to get in the garden when it wasn't allowed." She shows me a black and white cat in the garden, though the garden looks as though it has a lot of fruit trees in it and could be an orchard. Lottie's shoulders and front legs feel stiff as she bends to eat. There also appears to be some problem with her spine, which makes her uncomfortable from time to time, though she has had medication that eases it. She doesn't appear to have been ridden for a long time. "I am too old for all that now," she says.

"I used to take ladies for rides and to go to the showing events." This looks like side saddle classes. "I was very patient and kind with the ladies that needed to learn new things. They enjoyed riding me. It was a pleasure to help them have fun and I enjoyed being famous for a day. Now I am an old girl like they are." She doesn't show me your riding her at all. She shows me your grooming her though and paying special attention to her feet. "I don't like shoes, but I like my feet to be clean. I stand very nicely as long as I am not too stiff." She stamps her near hind when she is stiff, it feels like pins and needles to her. She needs a little bit of patience to allow her to stand comfortably to have her feet trimmed.

"I like going for gentle rides along a quiet lane with Stasha." On these rides, it looks like you are walking alongside her with a child on her back. "When I was a young lady, I used to gallop on the lanes like these, but I didn't have Stasha then. I had a boy mostly and sometimes a lady to help me keep fit." She is certainly showing me images of a retired horse each time.

Lottie thinks that she had very good paces; good extensions, though she would have needed a lighter footfall and more elevation to do really well. She thinks that she rushed too much, which made her too heavy on the forehand to refine her paces.

Although most of what Lottie says is referring to the past, she is happy and thinks she is in the best part of her life now. "I get things that are nice every day. I have two new rugs and a friend to talk to (looks like an old grey horse, slimmer than Lottie) and never get in the way (seems to mean do things wrong and interfere with the rider's intention)."

Although she doesn't indicate pain, there is a lot of stiffness. She seems to have had lumps under her elbows and the skin seems tight and dry there. Her hocks do not come under until she loosens up and some days she likes to stay in the sunshine standing still, until she feels her aches and pains disappear, then she is too warm to loosen up by moving a lot. Her back end feels quite strong and she may look stiff getting up, but she still has plenty of push to get her off the floor.

Her liver is sensitive and she would benefit from a dietary supplement to assist this. "

Some of this is spookily true and some of it is very wrong!She has raced, I bought her straght off the track as a 3 year old, but she never hurdled, she was a flat racer.

Her grazing has never been restricted, nor do I know what shes going on about a garden and a cat for - we don't have either of that at my yard!

The bit about her spine is spot on - she has been treated for kissing spines a couple of years ago.

She has never been a show horse nor had ladies riding her!

The bit about grooming her and her feet is spot on and also about her hind leg - she has a bone spavin.

She refers to her as an old horse but she is only 8 years old! Although she is retired due to injury so some of it is correct.

Very spooky when she says she has had 2 new rugs - this is true.

Don't know about her old grey friend, she goes out with a bay and a chestnut.

Not sure about her liver being sensitive either. She has suffered from Gastric Ulcers in the past which I thought would have been mentioned.

So, some of it is spot on and other parts are wrong. Glad I had it done though as it does make quite interesting reading.

Stasha22

Visit site
Well, quite a few people on here have recently had it done so I thought I would do the same. You can either email or post pictures of your horse to the lady and then she comes back to you with something like this. I didn't tell her anything other than mine and Lotties names so there's obviously something in it.

Not sure if I am allowed to name the person?

horsegirl

Visit site
All the true bits are either very general or could be just guesses. I guess she is a TB so the ex racer bit is probably a good guess and the new rugs at this time of year I'll bet there aren't many people on here who have not bought new rugs. Also many (all???) have or have had back problems.

Sorry but I am such a skeptic!

horsegirl

Visit site
It's funny, even though I think it is a load of rubbish I'm still tempted "just to prove it is rubbish". If none of the reading is correct do you get your money back?

Stasha22

Visit site
I agree some of it is just generalisation but how could she tell she is retired and that she has a problem with her hindleg and that she she can be a little tricky with her feet?

And to look at Lottie you cannot tell she is a TB, she looks nothing like your average TB so she couldn't have assumed she raced.

I am a sceptic too, I had this done purely for a bit of fun to see what I got back and whilst I agree some of it is nonsense, there are parts which are very accurate.

Stasha22

Visit site
I think its all a bit bizzare to be honest. Having read other peoples readings that they have posted, it seems to be that she gets a couple of bits spot on and the rest is all crap.

Be interested to read yours!

horsegirl

Visit site
I would say it is ALL guess work some of the guesses are going to be close. Can you post the photo you sent so we can see it?

Stasha22

Visit site
Yes, I will. Its on the home PC though (am at work) so will have to put it on tonight.

I sent 2 photos - both just grazing in her field by herself. She is not resting a leg in any of them either.

texashighway

Visit site
Why do people always feel the need to 'test'? I don't go to my vet and say 'if you can't tell me what is wrong with my horse then you're a fake'. Though of course thats not to say there aren't a huge amount of fake animal communicators out there.

In recent years I've seen no end of new ones popping up never heard of before but when I started working professionally in 1999 there were very few about.

I'm currently writing the first ac course for a college which should be out in spring 2007 which will give DECENT AC's a qualification and insurance.

If you use one check out their background, have they worked with the medical profession? if so how much and in what way? don't just reply to adverts use someone who is well known in their field and has the relevent experience. In all walks of life there are those who can, those who think they can and those who can't. So pick one who is known that they can.