Loud / noisy whips- bats

flying_high

Visit site
Looking for a whip that make a noise when used. Either a clapper or like the Pro Cush racing whips, but ideally not £40 inc postage.

Anyone got a cheap type of cross country bat / whip that’s noisy? Ideally not painful, just really noisy?

Thanks

flying_high

Visit site
This one looks similar to the pro cush but a lot cheaper!
When I was younger I had one where the clapper was a hand which made a lot of noise, I don't know if they still do them or if as an adult you'd want to be seen with one lol

https://www.horze.co.uk/jumping-bats-/-whips/dublin-padded-x-country-bat/323756.html#color=BL/G
Yes I don’t mind how embarrassing. I remember those but can’t find them.

My local shop sells pro Cush for £41.95!

That Dublin whip looks good. I’m hoping someone can confirm it’s really noisy.

alexomahony

Visit site
If you use a normal wide bat type whip that's short - make it noisy by hitting your boot rather than the horse :) Works for mine!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Horze's web site flashes up a price of £10.84 for a second, before it disappears... I wouldn't buy from there, anyway, after the way my order was mishandled and the faff I had to go through to get a refund.

Amazon also has them at £10.39, but with an extra £4.60 delivery!

Really, it would be a simple job to stitch a bit of an old belt to a crop, to make one of these. You might need to slit and skive down the belt (all my belts are a bit too wide and thick), but there's not a lot of stitching to do.

SEL

Visit site
Not sure what situation you want to use it in but if you want noise a plastic bag attached to the end of a lunge whip is something I've used.

Australian stock whips make a really good sound too.