Loughborough Livery - Welldale or Home Farm

Simbapony

Visit site
Hi
Currently looking for a new yard for my young horse and daughter's pony. I am torn between these 2 yards, and wondered if anyone can give me first hand experience?

I will be looking for DIY with some days ad hoc being done in full potentially.

I generally am at the yard around 6:30 in an evening due to work etc.

Please PM if needed :)

Mosh

Visit site
Home Farm, lovely facilities with good hacking onto the prestworld Estate, other bridleways and private hacking available at times. Have to be off the yard by 10pm so 6:30 shouldn't be an issue. Close to a good tackshop and not far from Canaan, field farm, Vale view etc.
Security is good and owners are lovely and supportive with lots of knowledge.

Mosh

Visit site
Nothing major, indoor can be busy in the darkest of winter but has a booking system and it more than does its job.
Outdoor is huge with really good lighting and the other Outdoor is also being completely revamped. Have the round pen too which is a nice size and safe. Have a walker too which is also being renovated.

Simbapony

Visit site
I assume you can still use the outdoor in the winter if you wanted? What is the care like (more so in the summer as by winter I should be able to do complete DIY apart from bringing in ) ? Sorry for all the questions. I want to stay put when I move so want to be sure I am making the right decision.

Mosh

Visit site
Yeah, course can still use the outdoor. Just nice to have a dry space sometimes. Especially if you have a scatty pony like mine.
The care is good, horses treated well and how they deserve to be treated. Handled as an individual as not one approach works for all the horses. Summer they can stay out 24/7 but they'll be able to tell you more as I'm DIY but would have no concerns with them looking after my pony.

Simbapony

Visit site
I'd be predominantly DIY, just that at the moment I'm only in EL half the week , it's then that I need him checking :)