Louisa Lockwood

vikkiandmonica

Visit site
Has anyone heard of her? I am pretty sure I am going to her yard in the summer for work experience, where I will work and get lessons from her in return on either one, or both of my horses.

She is a 4* eventer, I know that, but does anyone know anything else?

Thanks!

Joss

Visit site
Plenty of opinions on her on here. But by all accounts a nice person & a very competitive rider. I am sure you will learn loads & have a great time. I certainly wouldnt say she is 'unknown', she is regularly competing at a fairly high level.

Good Luck

gabriellexxxx

Visit site
I have a friend who went to hers a few summers ago to do exactly the same thing. She said although she learnt a lot, she had to work extremely hard for her keep, and lessons were a bit on the thin side at times. But at the same time, she came back a reformed rider! You'll learn lots, tbh, im a little jealous i can't get this oppurtunity
smile.gif

bandit

Visit site
Don't know her but I may be related..... If I was arsed to find out that is!!!! It's the wrong side of the family so I've no interest really to find out but hey?!?!

There was something a tiny bit contraversial on here after Badders, but I never did find out what, however I don't htink it was good!

Bx

TableDancer

Visit site
Very nice person, although quite shy. Works extremely hard herself so no doubt expects her team to do likewise! Personally I think she's a good jockey, just desperate to do well hence some of the criticism. I think you'll have a great time and learn loads - she's got a couple of gorgeous dogs with fab characters too, BTW
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
She has a great sense of humour and a good teaching eye, a friend had lessons for a while!! As TD says, she does expect people to work hard, but only because she does! So fairs fair
smile.gif

bigboyrocky

Visit site
My friend works for her now so you will meet her! :) Holly her name is..

Surely you should know who she is if your going to w/e with her though? Who organised your w/e?

vikkiandmonica

Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, but this thread was started last summer haha, so I've already done the work experience. It was amazing, she is a really good rider, and my riding has improved massively.