Love my Horse!

Skhosu

Visit site
So lunged my boy today, he started nicely,, put himj in the side reins and he went into a lovely rhythm, side reins very loose and everything looking good.
Canter fell apart a little, he was fighting the side reins so decided to leave it and trotted a bit more. Continued on to jumping, lungeing him over them (he jumps out if he's loose schooled!) and lo and behold didn't we get to the top of our 1.50m wings
laugh.gif

And didn't he just pop over like a dream. Now, just to get him doing that with me on board!
grin.gif

On another note, what do people think of loose jumping over bounces?
What height would you put the 2nd part of a bounce up to?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Loose jumping over bounces is ok IMO, as long as you keep them small as you introduce them. Is the horse unbacked? If so, Id keep the jumps in a bounce small, not more than say 2'6 just because it takes a lot of effort especially for a baby. If he's older I guess you could make the bounce bigger, Im not sure how high is ok. I keep my bounces not bigger than 3ft (ridden) because it is hard work for them so I dont see my point in making them big.

Skhosu

Visit site
Nah, horse is backed. I had it at 1.10 and he was happy, but don't think I'd go any bigger(he's only 14.2hh!) Just aiming to stretch him a bit.
Thanks, I always keep ridden to less than 90, but he had no probs clearing the second part anyway!