Low payload 3.5ton horsebox

cadefan

Visit site
Is there a market for a top quality build 7 year old coach built 3.5 T with only 17k miles, but with a payload with half a tank of fuel and no driver of 640kg? Shocked to find it weighed so much! (I know there’s an option to uprate to 3.9T)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
It's the big problem with a lot of 3.5t bixes, stalled for two but without the weight capacity to carry them, so you're not alone. However, more people are aware these days, so they want to know the payload. Are you selling? If so I'd uprate it.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
That is insanely low! Most are about 900kg.

Add in another 200kg for driver, passenger and bits and its a single pony lorry!

However, parents with a child and a pony wouldnt be the worst target audience for a nice box!

3.9 still doesnt get you much more than 2 ponies so if i was selling id market as is, but add some blurb about the 3.9t upgrade. Let the new owner do it if they want to, but you then dont remove the only driving 3.5t people from your potential buyers.

Matafleur

Visit site
Yes, I sold a lorry like this through a dealer who stated the payload clearly in the ad. It was a very smart looking lorry and it sold for a few £k less than it would have been worth with a decent payload. It did indeed sell to a one pony family that wanted a smart small lorry.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Wow that's low :(
I wouldn't personally but there are lots of people who don't care about payload- I've seen lots carrying 2 x17hh so I can imagine it would still sell.